Why do girls say...

minndawg

Why do girls say they want a "nice" guy yet go for the jerks? I know they go for the jerks for either the challenge, the drama, for the hardships, or for pure animal instinct (the most MALE of the males), or possibly more. Yet they say that they want a "nice" guy. Nice guys are all around and all the ones I've known, talked to, or gotten to know, we've all been dissed or dismissed (corny).

Can anyone shed light on the subject?

Good question. It seems to be one of those phenonmenon's in the world. I know for myself and every girlfriend I ever had, we all went through "bad boy syndrome" for quite a few years!!!

I can't even tell you why. We just do. It may have something to do with drama, excitement, challenge....that sort of thing, but when you are going through it with the bad boy, none of that feels so great, but .....we do it again the next time.

It is weird for sure. It will be interesting to see what others have to say on the subject.

AS

Hey, minndawg.

Maybe I can help since I'm weird and in between. (I'm a computer nerd and proud, but I hang out with all the ppular kids).

The way I see it, when they say they want a nice guy, they want a prep. I know I'm kinda stereotyping, but hear me out. In private the guy is generally nice to her, but there are certain things that go along with that being nice. For one, they're all 'sex fiends', if you will, and they also tend to cheat...but those narrow minded girls see the guy as being nice until he breaks her heart. And the reason you see him as a jerk is because he is a jerk. But he seems nice to her in private, but he's a jerk in public because he shows off around his friends.

It all comes down to looking good for the specific person or persons you are with at a given time; it's how they fit in.

Hope that light helped.

Your friend, Brian

Hi Minndawg,

Thank you for your input on here. It IS a good question indeed. A question that I cannot answer, either. I do know this: in the end all the women WILL want to have a REAL nice guy. At later age they (and you, as well) will understand the word personality. That's what really matters.

I hope this shed my light enough on this topic. Have fun and thanks again

~ SwingFox ~

Bad boys and girls tend to have more testosterone which kicks up their sexual urges. They also have more confidence in themselves and can seem genuinely vulnerable at times too. The age difference that swing fox refers to is that when you are young your emotions are all higher than they will be when you mature a little. The most ideal way to live is to be risky occasionally but to always learn from your mistakes. Don't ever deny what is true or blame others for your shortcomings. You LIVE your own life not that of others. Now if you happen to be a parent, that is something different. The most ideal way to live is in balance, bad and good, always under your own control. For young and old, learn something new everyday! Read and grow!

From what i see at school everyday, the only ones that are attracted to jerks, are the dim bimbo type of girls. I don't mean to offend anyone by saying that, but its the truth - almost all of them are in the bottom sets for subjects, and smoke and stuff. I generaly don't find these girls attractive, because i see them as bimbos and maybe even tarts (especialy by the way some of them dress). I basically see them in a different 'group' (2 groups - us and them) to me, so it works out OK. The toruble occurs when people fancy other people form a different 'group', but i feel that not all girls are like that, i mean, i have had several girls in the past ask me out, and lots more show interest, and im not a bad guy... well i don't think i am

So basically, not EVERY girl likes these 'jerks'... or maybe its just the way it is in my school, cause we don't really have many real jerks - i can't really name any

Best of luck!

i remember in college, and then on the discovery or learning channels:

dates back to primal, ancient, human nature. women needed a strong, touph man, the hunter, provider, etc. men with those qualities are more rugged, 'bad', fighters, strong, masculine.......i'm trying to remember here, anyhow you get the picture after we've been hurt enouph we know that in todays world that just dont fly anymore. AFter being hurt we do actually seek out the more mellow, nice guy. Its all only human instinct.

sorry i couldnt remember it all, college was a while ago!