Is there really such a thing as a rebound?

I'm rebounding with my ex before my last ex...does that still make him a rebound? Technically, my latest ex was the rebound to this guy. Does this make sense?

So that begs the question...is there really such a thing as a rebound? Wouldn't that make every single relationship we are ever in a rebound? There will always be a last and there will always be next. The amount of time in between seems to be irrelevant.

I think of a rebound as when a relationship ends and you start a new one without getting over your feelings for the last one. So, you might jump into another relationship with someone else while you are still getting over your ex. Then the new relationship is there not because you care about the new person, but using them (however consciously or unconsciously) to get over the other person and last relationship.

I hope *I* made sense!

There are signs that it is a rebound.

1. You still think about your ex all the time

2. Your old relationship is affecting your new relationship.

3. You are still in contact with your ex but you are not staying friends.

4. You are not completely over your ex.

5. You did not take time to grieve the old relationship.

There are many others. Basically it is a rebound if your ex affects you in any way other than just wanting them to be happy.

Sounds like you're a ping pong ball jumping back and forth. lol

I don't know if I really believe in rebounds to tell you the truth. I mean...what if you forever think about your ex? Does that mean you can never let someone else in...forever? What if you will always have some love for that ex...does it mean you can never love another? I don't think so.

I say you have one life to live. Get busy livin' it.

Sounds like you're a ping pong ball jumping back and forth. lol

I don't know if I really believe in rebounds to tell you the truth. I mean...what if you forever think about your ex? Does that mean you can never let someone else in...forever? What if you will always have some love for that ex...does it mean you can never love another? I don't think so.

I say you have one life to live. Get busy livin' it.

Hah! I agree! People spend so much time just trying to get over someone, that the time could be used to actually be enjoying life instead of just trying to "heal." I spent almost a year and a half trying to get over an ex, and I think that was just a waste of time now that I look back! I could have been enjoying meeting new people or life in general, instead of hurting over someone gone. Its not like we live to be 200 years old to spend all this time "healing." We have a limited amount of time on this Earth, might as well make most of it.

Hah! I agree! People spend so much time just trying to get over someone, that the time could be used to actually be enjoying life instead of just trying to "heal." I spent almost a year and a half trying to get over an ex, and I think that was just a waste of time now that I look back! I could have been enjoying meeting new people or life in general, instead of hurting over someone gone. Its not like we live to be 200 years old to spend all this time "healing." We have a limited amount of time on this Earth, might as well make most of it.

You got is sista!

Archived