Still single... ?! And Valentine's is coming up... :(

nimisaj

I'm smart, attractive and a good person (most of the time!)

But... I'M GOING TO BE SINGLE ON VALENTINE'S DAY!

Any one else in the same place as me? How do you feel?

(BTW, I can't believe I'm letting this consumerist society affect my life... it's only V-Day... but the day is coming up... those boxed chocolates are everywhere in local supermarkets!)

I'll be single on Valentine's Day and I feel fine about it. I never paid attention to it, not even when I was in a relationship. Can't say for sure whether that had anything to do with the break up, but I think not. There'll be many others who will be single on Valentine's Day. And hey, you've got a month left, you never know what can happen.

I'm single right now. Will I be on V-Day....maybe..maybe not. I'll just let things run its course. And if not, Im sure there are plenty of single girls on campus that I'll meet over the next month that would love to do something on that day. So, don't despair, you have a lot of time left.

I'm smart, attractive and a good person (most of the time!)

But... I'M GOING TO BE SINGLE ON VALENTINE'S DAY!

Any one else in the same place as me? How do you feel?

(BTW, I can't believe I'm letting this consumerist society affect my life... it's only V-Day... but the day is coming up... those boxed chocolates are everywhere in local supermarkets!)

Been on the same place 21 times. I get bothered a bit, but not by the holiday itself but what it reminds me of. Sometimes I feel powerless when it comes to many things, dating being one of them. And this just reminds me of all the other years that I've been single and makes me think "Well, what made you think this one was gonna be any different?" It's okay, though. There's much more to life than that. I'll try to be more active in my social life, though.

I'm in a relationship and I guarantee you I'll be single on V-Day because my guy won't spend it with me.... hasn't in 4 years, not likely now.

I have NEVER spent Valentine's Day with a guy whether single or in a relationship. They are always working, out of town on business, whatever. Sometimes it bothers me a little, then I just started treating it like any other day. No one at work will mention it, and I have no single friends, so not such a big deal.

I'll be single and I'm eh about it. If it was a weekday I wouldn't care at all. But since it's a Saturday night it kind of sucks. I'll probably call up my single friends and see what they're up too. All like...one...of them. God all my friends are in relationships. That bites.

I've been single for 22 Valentine's Days. Some parts of college were the worst spending it alone, since the cafeterias were deserted minus the few singles. Then my senior year some girls (half of whom I didn't even know at the time) decided to hit the nightlife and that night has been hard to top since. It was absolutely the most fun I've had in my adult years.

Just have some fun, whether that involves ordering in from your favorite restaurant or going out and having a ball.

my divorce will be finalized the week before valentine's day. for the first time in 10 years i will be without my husband.

last year, he canceled our dinner plans on that day due to what he said was a work emergency. i was sad but it hurt even more to discover later that there was no work emergency -- he dumped his wife to spend the whole evening with the woman he was having an affair with. then came home and went to sleep with me.

so.... just because you have someone.... it doesn't mean you necessarily will have a great valentine's day.

this year i am planning really fun dinner party for a group of female friends who also are divorced. i think it will be an improvement on last year.

Been on the same place 21 times. I get bothered a bit, but not by the holiday itself but what it reminds me of. Sometimes I feel powerless when it comes to many things, dating being one of them. And this just reminds me of all the other years that I've been single and makes me think "Well, what made you think this one was gonna be any different?" It's okay, though. There's much more to life than that. I'll try to be more active in my social life, though.

Aw....will you be MY valentine? It may be only an internet valentine...but at least it's something. lol

Archived