Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

I'm having such a difficult time right now. My foster cat came back. First i took her on 10/16 to another foster mom's house - apparently the cat loved her and her husband but hated their resident cat and would chase him around and hiss at him and was terrorizing him. So after a week, I took her back. A week later, a spot opened up and she was accepted to be the "window cat" at a local pet shop and up for adoption. That worked well for 2 weeks, but then she started vomiting. She was taken to the vet, it wasn't clear what it was (stomach bug? food allergy? anxiety?) but the shop wouldn't take back a vomiting cat (understandably) and she came back to me. So she's been back with me for a week. There is a possibility that she might be able to be transferred to a no-kill shelter. They are very good and are one of the charities I support. But she hates other cats and I think it would stress her out. I tell everyone I meet about her that she is up for adoption, I mention it at parties, the adoption links are on my facebook account, I've asked all my friends and told them to mention it to their friends if they are looking for a cat. I was even at the dentist today and asked the hygienist if she was looking for a cat.

Part of me wants to "foster fail" and keep her forever. I'm allergic though. I've been ok-ish and on a lot of meds. But I do travel a decent amount for work. My neighbor down the hall has offered to come feed her while I'm gone on my trips and I have other neighbors too. My friend Carol offered to come during the day and play with her while I'm gone. I'm so torn.

She's a good cat, maybe about a year old, not more than 2. She loves to cuddle and have attention. She hates other animals. When I picked her up last week, she was purring so hard and was so happy. She hasn't vomited since coming back home with me. I had friends over last night and she just hung out with everyone, she is so social, she was even so good with the toddlers who were petting her. She was totally relaxed. Ideally, I would like one of my friends to adopt her, so I could keep seeing her. Adopting her myself is so tempting but I'm worried about my allergies and travel schedule. But the thought of giving her up a 3rd time will break my heart. If I were to adopt her myself, I would have to formally apply and list how I will get around these obstacles. (Hiring cat sitter while gone, taking a mess of allergy meds forever). She is a young cat, she could live another 20 years. She's so social and loves people. I know she would hate living at the shelter, but once she found a home and saw the couch and food, she would be right at home.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 years ago I picked up a small runt cat at my mom's neighbors. Farmer was afraid it wouldn't make it thru the winter. Scruffy but turned into a gorgeous cat. Then I found a small kitten about 2 weeks old, laying next to my tire in a parking lot....and screaming it's head off. I took it home. Bottle feed it, etc. I adored them both. But I'm slightly allergic. Had way more allergies in my 20's and 30's. They seem to get better over time. (really)

But I started going to florida for the winter, being gone a lot....flying back and forth etc. My son wanted the first one. But I couldn't separate them...so he got them both. He adores them. I visit once in a while. But the older timid one goes and hides...lol.

I still see all the pics I posted of them on facebook as 'memories' and I MISS the heck out of them. But my life is easier.

Now I just have pup....and NO LITTER BOX!!!

So maybe if you keep her....in 10 years you'll be allergy free!!!!!!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back from my trip, things have been nuts lately. I'm getting readjusted to the time change and now I am sick. I only got sick when I got home, so I guess it might be a delayed food poisoning or something. It's not horrible but I'm not feeling awesome either.

Good news on the cat..... a couple saw her profile on pet finder on line and they applied and want her! They came to my place last weekend, they fell in love with her. They seem like a really nice couple, they love cats, they have a dog, so we'll see how it goes. They are picking her up from me in less than 2 weeks. So, I will miss her, but it's for the best. Plus she will have more people to play with. I had friends checking in on my cat while I was gone but everyone told me she was very lonely. She's a super social cat and really needs a lot of attention, more than I can give. :/ She acts a lot more like a dog.

Work is good, I got a bonus for some work I did on a project and I got some other good news on a bigger project I was working on (that should hopefully come with another bonus!). On the downside, miscommunications with sales suck. It's so important to know what is going on and I hate getting blindsided by new information too late in.

I'm back from my trip, things have been nuts lately. I'm getting readjusted to the time change and now I am sick. I only got sick when I got home, so I guess it might be a delayed food poisoning or something. It's not horrible but I'm not feeling awesome either.

Good news on the cat..... a couple saw her profile on pet finder on line and they applied and want her! They came to my place last weekend, they fell in love with her. They seem like a really nice couple, they love cats, they have a dog, so we'll see how it goes. They are picking her up from me in less than 2 weeks. So, I will miss her, but it's for the best. Plus she will have more people to play with. I had friends checking in on my cat while I was gone but everyone told me she was very lonely. She's a super social cat and really needs a lot of attention, more than I can give. :/ She acts a lot more like a dog.

Work is good, I got a bonus for some work I did on a project and I got some other good news on a bigger project I was working on (that should hopefully come with another bonus!). On the downside, miscommunications with sales suck. It's so important to know what is going on and I hate getting blindsided by new information too late in.

I hope you feel much better soon and congratulations on the bonus and the project! Is your sales role only one of your roles? I'm wondering about the disparity here and that would explain it. Anyway, feel better and hope you can eat simple foods to have some energy.

I hope you feel much better soon and congratulations on the bonus and the project! Is your sales role only one of your roles? I'm wondering about the disparity here and that would explain it. Anyway, feel better and hope you can eat simple foods to have some energy.

my role is 0% sales. My role is completely post sales. Sometimes there are issues with communication I think among the departments. Like when there is a sale but some crucial details aren’t communicated to the post-sales people like me. I told my boss about it today.

And actually yes, I just got the second bonus! Yay!

my role is 0% sales. My role is completely post sales. Sometimes there are issues with communication I think among the departments. Like when there is a sale but some crucial details aren’t communicated to the post-sales people like me. I told my boss about it today.

And actually yes, I just got the second bonus! Yay!

Sorry that I got confused!! I know you interact with sales people.

• 3 weeks later...

The cat left. Her new owners picked her up right before Christmas. I miss her so much. I miss her little cuddles and her purr. I took lots of videos of her purring and cuddling with me, so I have those to watch. I know it's better for her though. I'm going to be out of town for half of January and she would be so sad and lonely with only 1 visit a day for food and a litter box cleaning.

New years was fun - went out with some friends and friends of friends. We had sushi and went to a comedy club.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have too many updates - I'm sick again, been traveling a lot for work, some more issues have come up due to a lack of communication with the sales team, so that is frustrating. Like when the sales team says I can be available on a certain date without asking me first. My boss knows, i've talked to him about it.

I had to travel with a single guy from work for a while, that was interesting, but nothing happened, don't worry! Another coworker was teasing me and saying he and I should start dating but I said no, too much distance, lol.

Not much going on, sorry I'm so boring.

Cold/sinus infection. My coworkers and friends have had it and it looks like it's my turn now. I had bronchitis earlier this month too. boo.

Are you around a lot of people? Do you carry sanitizer/wash hands often? I know basic - I do both.

Are you around a lot of people? Do you carry sanitizer/wash hands often? I know basic - I do both.

I do - the bronchitis earlier had to do with having a cat and then dog sitting - it was like an allergic bronchitis. This time, I think it's just from being around some sick coworkers. :( I'm spreading the joy around too. Still having to work.

I visited my old foster cat today. It was great. She's really happy at her new home. She wasn't as affectionate with me as she has been in the past.... but I think she was starved for attention living with me (I'm always gone) and now she has a mom and dad and doggy sibling, and she was acting more like a cat. She did cuddle with me and purr towards the end of the visit. They're really great, I am glad they adopted her.

i watched all of 'You' on Netflix. It made me kind of sad, watching the relationship with Joe and Karen. I feel like I've been in Karen's place before in some of my relationships and those memories made me sad. But if you watch the show, you know that Joe did Karen a favor by breaking up with her.

Things that drive me batty: I was on a work webinar tonight. The presenter had a slide where he listed some projects and the key point-people.

Project A: Brad Smith

Project B: Ken Chung

Project C: Dave Thompson

Project D: Kevin Olsen

Project E: Kallie

Project F: Fiona

Project G: Lisa

I wrote to him privately, asking him to add the last names of Kallie and Fiona and Lisa. It just struck me as kind of unprofessional - like Kevin and Dave are real employees and Kallie, Fiona, and Lisa are the interns. Gah.

• 1 month later...

i haven't updated in a while - a lot is going on, just not date wise, lol. Work is going well, got a bonus and a raise. I've been traveling a lot for work, and it's now paying off with lots of air travel miles and hotel rewards. I've been able to book some personal trips for practically free now. I'm home for a few weeks, which is a nice rest. I like traveling but it gets tiring to go on a trip, come home, do laundry, unpack/repack, go on another trip a day later. I'm enjoying waking up in my own bed. I don't have any dating apps on my phone at this time. When I am home, I'm either at the gym, resting at home, or out with friends. I don't have the energy to go on bad dates. :/

Something that's challenging is that I have to communicate bad news sometimes to people, and that is not the fun part. Some people handle it better than others. Sometimes I have to tell people that they are doing something incorrectly and they really don't want to hear it. :/ Others take it pretty well and make the necessary adjustments.

Something that's challenging is that I have to communicate bad news sometimes to people, and that is not the fun part. Some people handle it better than others. Sometimes I have to tell people that they are doing something incorrectly and they really don't want to hear it. :/ Others take it pretty well and make the necessary adjustments.

Sometimes you're lucky and if you have repeat players you learn how best to communicate the "bad news" to each one.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much on the dating front, I should probably rename my journal. I’ve been spending a lot of time with a male friend lately. He’s very sweet and kind, he’s a really good guy. I’m not religious but I know he is. He actually told me he was in the seminary and dropped out when he realized it wasn’t for him. But it sounds like he definitely needs a religious girl, not me. He’s single and looking, but said he got off the apps recently because it wasn’t really working out for him.

And of course, who sends me a linked in request right now besides Bus Boy, the guy I fell crazy for 10 years ago. Go back a few hundred pages in this journal. I blocked him on Facebook because it was just too painful getting breadcrumbs from him. Now he wants to connect on LinkedIn. Whyyyyyyy?

Not much on the dating front, I should probably rename my journal. I’ve been spending a lot of time with a male friend lately. He’s very sweet and kind, he’s a really good guy. I’m not religious but I know he is. He actually told me he was in the seminary and dropped out when he realized it wasn’t for him. But it sounds like he definitely needs a religious girl, not me. He’s single and looking, but said he got off the apps recently because it wasn’t really working out for him.

And of course, who sends me a linked in request right now besides Bus Boy, the guy I fell crazy for 10 years ago. Go back a few hundred pages in this journal. I blocked him on Facebook because it was just too painful getting breadcrumbs from him. Now he wants to connect on LinkedIn. Whyyyyyyy?

Just fyi I clicked on my ex's linkedin completely by accident. He came up as a suggestion among other suggestions and I thought I clicked on a different one, not his. He accepted and we never communicated about it. I didn't unlink because it's not like there's bad blood, just awkward!

I would rather it be a mistake than a real request. We’re not really in the same field so there is no need to network. Plus, it just took me too long to get over him, I don’t want to open old wounds.

• 3 months later...

Oh man, I have 2 unsuccessful dating updates to share in one weekend!!

Friday: I have a friend, I'll call him Simon. Simon is a guy in my friend group, he's nice, single, but there's never been any romantic chemistry between us. For a variety of reasons, I don't think we would be a good match, but as a friend, he's a good and reliable guy. Anyway, my coworker thinks he likes me because Simon wants to hang out and just texts me to see how I'm doing. My coworker is like, "guys don't do that unless they like a girl." I'm like, "no, simon and I are just friends." Anyway, Simon asked me if I wanted to go and get dinner together and walk around the night market. I thought that sounded very date like but whatever, I said yes. Then he texts and asks if I mind his coworker Helen comes too? I thought "totally not a date." I said no problem, invite Helen. He then tells me that Helen can't make is so it's just us two over dinner. Simon and I meet for dinner and over dinner, he tells me that he met someone new on Bumble, I'll call her Krissy. He's texting Krissy to ask her to meet us at the night market. I offer to leave after dinner so he can spend time with Krissy alone. He says no, he wants her to meet his friends and make sure everyone gets along. So Krissy meets up with us, she's nice, whatever. I don't know if she was confused by what I was doing there. Anyway, we walk around the market for about half an hour, then I say I'm tired (true) and go home, they say bye, continue their night. That was a bit odd, but whatever.

Saturday (today): An old FWB contacted me this week. Said he wanted to see me. It's been a long time since I have seen him, we haven't talked in a long time, and it's been a while since I had any "fun time" so I said sure. I drove over to his place today, we sat and chatted, caught up for a while. Had fun time, took a break, he talked a bit about a girl he really liked who rejected him (or appears to have, I suggested he should text her - not at that very moment I was there, but you know, maybe try to follow up with her). Anyway, a bit more fun time but then after he started going on a pretty long political rant. He's putting on his clothes and talking, I'm just sitting there in bed for like 20-30 minutes listening to his whole monologue on politics and social issues and race and gender and etc.... We have total opposite views on all these topics but I'm just listening to him. As it goes on, I'm just becoming more and more uncomfortable because he's clearly wanting a political debate, and like I'm not here for that. It made me feel pretty uncomfortable. He wanted to hear my rebuttal and I'm like, 'uh, you've covered a lot of topics there.' I just am not there to get into all of that, I mean, I was listening but the ranting.... it reminded me of Logan - even though Logan and I were pretty same ideologically, he would sometimes go on these rants where he would just start talking about a social issue and I'm just sitting there listening - even if I agree, I'm just kind of tuning out his rant. So, I pretty much inelegantly left. I just started packing up and told him to take care and I left, no hug or kiss, I'm like bye. I'm pretty conflict avoidant, I really wasn't able to verbalize how uncomfortable I was feeling - I mean - I was there for the sexy time, not a debate, not to give him dating advice. And another round of sexy time didn't look like it was going to happen so..... jeez.