Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, Is it possible to work out of this state? If it is specific to your location then I understand, it will not be suitable for me.

This job is just specific to this location - it's at a pharma/biotech company. Are there any in your area you can apply to work at?

My aunt died a few days ago after a really long illness. I went to visit her twice in the las 2 years. I miss her, but I am glad her suffering is over, she's been in bad shape for a long time. She was a really sweet lady, very loving.

Thank you. She was a very sweet lady.

I found out recently that my apartment building is being sold and will be renovated as "luxury apartments." Which means that the rent will go up. :/ I don't know how much up, but I've started looking around for other apartments in the area. Because I work mainly from home, I can really go anywhere within my city/suburbs. But I also like being close to downtown/where things are happening. I also need a spot for my car. We'll see what happens.....

Kind of annoyed. Carol is unemployed. I send her job ads that I think are interesting when I see them. I sent two this morning and she said, "I can't apply to all the things you send me." I said "I know, I just wanted to make you aware of some of these. If you don't want them anymore, I'll stop." She said, "you can keep sending them, just know I'll do research." :/ I mean, no thank you or whatever. I'm just trying to help. I guess I'll just stop helping. I don't ever anticipate that she or anyone else would be interested in 100% of the ads I send, but I'm trying to be helpful. She's really short whenever I ask how the job hunt, she just texts "ttyl" and leaves.

• 2 weeks later...
This job is just specific to this location - it's at a pharma/biotech company. Are there any in your area you can apply to work at?

My aunt died a few days ago after a really long illness. I went to visit her twice in the las 2 years. I miss her, but I am glad her suffering is over, she's been in bad shape for a long time. She was a really sweet lady, very loving.

Yes, will write more about it. Almost every job industry job is going to require me to move.

Very sorry for your loss.

• 3 weeks later...

A few friends and I are planning a day trip to a place 2-3 hours away. I just told carol today that if she wants to go, she needs to rent a car or find another ride (invite someone else to come). She complains a lot about my driving. Which I understand, I’m a new driver. But the thing is, I don’t want her to be stressed out from anxiety for what is supposed to be a fun day. And as a driver, I need passengers who aren’t going to be panicking for 5 hours. I drove us to an event in the city, it was a 30 minute ride there, never over 35 mph and she was freaking out enough. So I feel sort of bad for telling her I won’t drive her anymore but I think it’s for the best.

Other rhan that, just been really busy with work and travel and this adorable cat that I’m fostering!! I love her, it will be hard to give her up.

I drove 200 miles last week. On Tuesday, I drove through this horrible storm, it was scary. At one point, a car slashed mine and I couldn’t see for a few seconds so I put my hazards on and pulled over. Yikes! Some weeks I don’t drive at all, but last week was a lot more driving. That being said, I understand why she is anxious about being my passenger, and but yeah, she needs to rent her own car then.

Yes. I agree. You get to choose your passengers. Some day I will drive again. Have had my license over 2 years now.

Try starting with shorter trips, like to the grocery store and without your son. That would stress me out too to have a child in the car. Something close and easy.

Thanks! I’ve done that many times although only twice all by myself. We live in a very busy city and it’s only getting worse. I definitely have procrastinated spending the time to get back to practicing - been months. I’m proud of you!

Awww, thanks! Honestly, I only drive when absolutely necessary. :o Most errands are within walking distance. If I didn't get this job, I wouldn't have probably learned to drive yet! I only drive to accounts where public transit just isn't an option. And my boss doesn't like for us to rent cars in other cities, so if I fly, I can stick to Lyft.

I was going to say, maybe you can take a few professional lessons again? maybe that will help? I liked driving in the car where the passenger also had a brake!!

I know, living in the city, that getting out can be stressful. In my neighborhood, there are a lot of jaywalkers, double-parkers, and narrow streets that make it not an easy ride. During rush hours, it might take me 30-40 minutes to go 3 miles, all while navigating all the buses and people. I just go slow, keep my eyes open. I can't really go much faster than 20 in these cases. I've had people honk at me but seriously, go around me! You don't have to tailgate me. There's no point in the city to drive faster than 20 when there is a stop sign or a red light on every single block. I notice often when people speed down the street, but then I'm right next to them at the next red light.

• 3 weeks later...

Things have been so crazy lately. Just a lot of work travel, more coming up. I just gave up the cat I was fostering, my allergies got too bad. Another woman with the cat rescue program took her in, and I sat and cried in her living room while saying goodbye to the cat and getting to know her. The cat is in good hands, I am sure, it just sucks when you get very attached to an animal and you have to give it up. :(

Some work stuff (I just posted about it in the career forum here). Blarghhh.....

The guy, I'll call him Sean, did invite me out last night for tonight (tuesday). He asked if I wanted to go to a show. I said no, I already had other plans, but thanks for the invite. I wound up cancelling my plans anyway as I'm feeling under the weather and I'm just at home with a headache. I don't know him too well so I don't know how religious he is or why our mutual friend "Kate" calls him a square. She's not really a wild-child herself so if she's calling him a square, lol....

Sean called me twice this week, just to chat. I'm not really sure what his deal is, if he's just being friendly or is interested or flirting or whatever. He's nice. Talking with him more, he doesn't seem extremely religious. He's interesting to talk to because he somehow has 10 events scheduled every week, random things like attending different festivals or shows or juggling lessons or sunrise yoga. I have no idea how he does it all. Maybe he doesn't sleep. Who knows!? I told him I wanted to host a "friendsgiving" soon and he said he'd like to come.

• 2 weeks later...
Well i've gained 10 pounds in the last 7 weeks. Eating Frosted Graham crackers, Almond joys, and a huge pan of Apple crisp....

But i've quit crying.

And i have Pup....

i had an almond joy that night in solidarity. The good news is tHat with all of the work crap, my boss and my coworkers seem to have my back. I can’t get a pup because I’m just not home enough. It’s not fair to a dog.

You know what sucks? When you offer to do someone a favor and they complain that it’s too early for them in the morning. I’m like, that’s the only time I can do it, I have to go to work. If they can find someone else to do it for them later in the day, go ahead. Sigh.

i had an almond joy that night in solidarity. The good news is tHat with all of the work crap, my boss and my coworkers seem to have my back. I can’t get a pup because I’m just not home enough. It’s not fair to a dog.

You know what sucks? When you offer to do someone a favor and they complain that it’s too early for them in the morning. I’m like, that’s the only time I can do it, I have to go to work. If they can find someone else to do it for them later in the day, go ahead. Sigh.

Ugh I hate that. It reminds me of a woman I met through Facebook saying she needed girl time that week very badly so I offered two ways to meet that week after work. She then complained about how the traffic would be bad then. OK fine, then take public transportation or whatever -I didn't suggest that but seriously if you're going to claim to want to get together so badly and it has to be that week, then be prepared to be somewhat inconvenienced.

Archived