'

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I had the mice licking the peanut butter off of the traps without setting them off last year, I joked that of course I can't find a smart man, but I found smart mice. Maybe put less bait in the cup so they have to work harder to get it? The exterminator also told me to put them T shaped against the wall, so when they're running along the wall they'll run right over it. I live in an old house too. This area is mostly Victorian houses that have been turned into multiple apartments. I'm taking a second look at an apartment and there's a good chance I'm going to go for it. I hope your exterminator comes quickly! At least your landlord will hire one! Can you ask the girl that your subletting the apartment from if she had mice while she lived there?

I'm sorry about all of this anxiety with Logan He really shouldn't have texted you at work like that. He knows how your mind works and that this would create anxiety and stress for you. It would do that for anyone! Whatever it is that he wants to talk about, you will be OK. Everyone is here to support you!

Oh Christ, Annie. That jerk. You stuck with him through that crap in his life and built him up and lent him money and he gets out of his rut and dumps you...what an ass hole. I'm sorry

I'm so sorry to hear this Annie and we are all here for you. If you want to know how I feel I thank him for leaving the door open so that someone who truly deserves you can come through whenever it is you are ready to receive that person.

I'm sorry. I know you must be hurting now, but I know somewhere deep down you knew he wasn't good enough for you with all of his problems. How are you feeling? Sometimes I get over breakups really fast (I haven't yet figured out what determines this) I hope this is one of those for you!

I'm so sorry annie I 100% agree with what everyone else has said. It says a lot about his character that he convinced you to stick by him while he was at his worst and now that he's slightly improved his situation, he bails. I know it hurts now, but you don't want to be with someone like that. You deserve SO much better and you'll find someone who is smart enough to realize how amazing you are. Logan doesn't deserve you.

We're all here for you and you have a ton of friends there to support you as well.

thank you guys. i know, we've been having issues for a while but i thought we moved past them. a few weeks ago, he insisted he wanted to stay together. he said he loved me.

he says he feels like crap for doing this to me, but knows we're not going to move farther than this and doesn't want to waste my time anymore.

he says he's attracted to women at work, and though he hasn't done anything with them or has plans, he just feels like he'll eventually meet someone who will capture his interest more and doesn't want to do that to me.

oh, and he said he wants to have cats and he knows i can't have cats.

and i told him that sucks and he knows it too. the second he gets a new job and gets a little more financially stable. boom.

he said he'd still like to get dinners and hang out but i said that isn't going to happen....

I can't believe him, annie. He's just so selfish. It's unbelievable. You are too kind and generous to be with someone like him. And seriously....cats? Does he even listen to himself talk? Who says that?

I think you should call up some girlfriends and make fun weekend plans. Get back into dancing. Life your life again.

He DOES love you, sort of. Does he love anyone, really? I feel like so much of your recent history has been about his recovery/finding his path. You were there for him, even when you questioned it, and now that he is stronger he is leaving the nest. Is that how it is? Well, if so, let him go then. You will find better.

It may be too soon to say this but you deserve a fully renovated guy next time, not a fixer upper.

I am so sorry this happened. It is not about you. This is all on him.

i remember he even said that on our first date (the thing about the cats being important to him). Thing is, I loooove cats. I volunteer at a shelter. i could have an outdoor cat i guess, but really.... and he said he knows how that sounded.

ugh. my cousin happened to call me a second after he left (she just wanted to talk). she said good riddance, he's not at my level. I tried so hard to make it work. He said i was a wonderful gf. I asked him if he thought he'd find someone as devoted as me. He said he wasn't sure.

ugh. ugh ugh

I guess in some way, it's better this way. If i broke up with him a few weeks ago, i would have been second guessing myself to no end. Now, there's nothing to second guess.

he said we could stay in touch, maybe get dinners sometimes, write on Facebook. i said that wasn't going to happen. i was going to have to block him completely.

I'm sorry. I know how much you tried to make this relationship work, and how much you cared for him.

I really hope you find the courage to block his number, and not allow him back into your life. You're such a kind person, and you deserve to be with someone who is head over heals for you...and has his life together....you deserve to be with someone that is ready to move forward with you and share your life in a meaningful way.

Hugs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

he still owes me the money i lent him for his rent (he forgot to bring the checks), as well as a package for me i had sent to his house. he said he will come by this week and drop things off. i said i don't want to see him. he said he'll leave the things for me, along with my keys. i'll block him then.

he never even took me out to dinner like he promised he would. he promised me with his first paycheck, he wanted to take me somewhere, to a nice restaurant. i said it could even just be for a drink and appetizers.

that never happened. he didn't have enough money, i kind of got frustrated. we went out last week (to where we had our second date) and split the bill.

how do you hide people from Facebook? i don't know what to do. we have like 10 mutual friends. i don't necessarily want to unfriend them, but i don't want to see their feeds. it's not really like they post photos of him anyway

i blocked him on Facebook and changed the password on my netflix account (he's been using my netflix for the past 8 months)

I'm sorry you have to go through this.

However, in the long run I think this is best for you. You are not wasting your time and energy anymore on someone who was at best lukewarm with his feelings towards you. Only when you voiced your concerns he said the necessary words to keep feeding you hope, but he actually (only based on what you have written in your journal) hasn't 'walked the walk', but rather only made promises for future 'improvements'.

You really deserve better than him! Someone who is crazy about you and who is consistent with this both in words and actions.

I don't think there is a reason to villainize him: he was there for you when you were going through a rough phase. As I mentioned before, not every relationship is a 'for ever' relationship. You outgrew your relationship with him and after some period of mourning the end you have the opportunity to find someone more suitable for you for the long run.