Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was too at first, but it has simple directions that make it safe if you follow them. Basically it is important to close the lid tight (there are directions on how to, you line it up etc) then you keep high heat until the top thingie starts swinging and making noise. Then you lower the heat and set it to whatever mins. Turn it off when you are done and then you wait for the top to 'pop' then it's safe to touch/open.

It's a very quick and easy (I think) way of making nutritious and tasty food to save $ as well as calories. You could make portions of food and bring to work, since it cooks several servings. You could probably get away with cooking something once a week on a weekend and you'd be set for the week with that and salads + rice etc.

ok, thanks, i'll look into that along with some recipes!

ugh i hate these mice so much. I woke up in the middle of then night when i thought i felt something furry against my feet, i hope that was a dream and not a real mouse.

on a happier note, i did a lot of shopping this weekend at Winners. too much, haha. i got a new sweater dress, new Clarks shoes, tons of tights. I saw some cute and comfy Coach black flats, but 'on sale' for $100 - nah!!! i got some nail polishes, new bras and panties too. I bought some christmas presents too, including for Logan (i got him 2 boxers, pajamas, hand towels, undershirts). I'll get him a gift certificate for a book store (he is obsessed with books) and I think that will round things out. I found something for his mom too (decorative soaps and holder).

I LOVE tights. I think they are SOOOO comfortable and you can usually pull them off with almost any top. I have some jean tights too that I wear. I hate pants. I think they are so uncomfortable. It's skirts and tights for me.

I get so angry with the recent banning girls from wearing tights at school thing. It just drives me bonkers.

yeah, it is fun, hehe, i can spend hours there! I also got a red down packable jacket, folds down really small. and some black and white pajamas for myself (wearing them now while at home sick. blah!) Oh, and some pretty dish towels, and comfy socks for Logan. I'll wait until christmas though to give him the stuff.

In other words, I bought half the store. I'm surprised I could even fit stuff in my duffle bag! Anymore and the seams would have burst. Then again, on my way there, my bag was filled with stuff for my family, so it was empty and ready for shopping, haha.

annie, have you tried the plastic mouse traps? I like them better than the wooden ones. It's harder for them to lick off the bait without setting it off because they have to step on the lever to get to the dish with the bait. It's also easier to clean up. Also, traps are one method, but you have to seal up the holes that they are getting in to really stop it. Your landlord should be taking care of that. You have to fill them with steel wool or that expandable foam stuff. I feel your pain though. I swear I've heard them in my bedroom at night. I tucked in anything hanging off of my bed so they can't crawl up into it. I'm definitely moving because I can't keep living with the anxiety of it all.

Girls, you should not be living with that kind of stress!!! Do you live in old homes? I always wanted to leave my apt and move into a home but I'm getting paranoid about these animals. It's crazy you have to deal with this issue. I can't even imagine having to shop for mouse traps!!!

annie, have you tried the plastic mouse traps? I like them better than the wooden ones. It's harder for them to lick off the bait without setting it off because they have to step on the lever to get to the dish with the bait. It's also easier to clean up. Also, traps are one method, but you have to seal up the holes that they are getting in to really stop it. Your landlord should be taking care of that. You have to fill them with steel wool or that expandable foam stuff. I feel your pain though. I swear I've heard them in my bedroom at night. I tucked in anything hanging off of my bed so they can't crawl up into it. I'm definitely moving because I can't keep living with the anxiety of it all.

I have one of the plastic snappers but these mice eat the bait without setting it off!!! gah!!!!!

justagirl - sigh. i know, this is insane. I hope that they go away soon. The exterminator is coming again this week.

I'll check those traps though, my black snappy thing is from TomCat, so maybe your brand is better? I'll buy some steel wool too.

The thing is, I really live in the *best* part of town, and am paying half the rent that everyone else on my block is. though I guess that's because I have "roommates." I hope they leave soon.

I think once I get my next job lined up, I'll likely have to move. Also, my current boss brought up the idea of me staying longer... so, hm, stuff to think about!

Girls, you should not be living with that kind of stress!!! Do you live in old homes? I always wanted to leave my apt and move into a home but I'm getting paranoid about these animals. It's crazy you have to deal with this issue. I can't even imagine having to shop for mouse traps!!!

and yes, my home is old. I live in a converted brownstone that's split up into 6 apartments over 4 floors (not including the sketchy basement).

My friend Carol is complaining to me about a coworker who dresses more like she is going to a nightclub than to work in a lab (same dept where I used to work). The woman is a lab tech but dresses more like a stripper. I told Carol it's the boss' job to enforce the dress code, however, the department does not have a dress code for research staff. So... Nothing I guess. lol. She dressed not so professionally while I was there (either for office work or lab work), and now Carol said it has gotten worse. Oh well, it's interesting, and I'm sure that the men there are getting an eyeful, but it's up to the professor to deal with it, right?

I just had yet another weird lunch room encounter, but this time with the chair of the dept. I was finishing my lunch, and my iPhone was on my table. He comes in and says, hi, what's going on. I said not much, he comes over, looks at my iPhone - I wasn't surfing the web, it was just sitting there, so the main screen was on. He's like, "oh, just listening to music."

Hm. Is he keeping tabs on me, or was trying to make conversation about the news or whatnot?? So weird... I feel so paranoid now!

I lent him money for rent last month, which he promised to pay me back when he gets his pay check this friday. He texted me saying that "he has checks to give me and wants to talk to me about some things...."

I'm worried if he wants to give me the checks now, what's going on... he's been rather quiet the last week, but then again, i've been out of town.

OK deep breath because panicking is not going to help right now - you have no information. Here is what I think - I think your feeling that it is not positive is probably right. We all know that often the bad "talk" happens when the other person thinks that things are going great so you cannot know what the "not positive is". Perhaps he's decided to quit his job, or got another DUI (or some complication with the one he has) or something like that. The worst case scenario is he wants to end things. Is that really a worst case for you (depending on his reasons). I know I know - I'm throwing that out there.

Good luck and please please deep breathing -not worth a stomach ache.

Oh, I'm sorry, annie.

I hope it's nothing bad. Has anything else besides this particular communication led you to believe something is off?

Or, just ignore the above question if wondering/theorizing will only make you feel worse.

*hugs*

Oh, I'm sorry, annie.

I hope it's nothing bad. Has anything else besides this particular communication led you to believe something is off?

Or, just ignore the above question if wondering/theorizing will only make you feel worse.

*hugs*

Anything else besides this communication? Well in the last few months when things were rocky, he insisted he wanted to stay together. When he finally told me he loved me, he said, "but maybe I don't love you as much as you want me to?" Which I think means that there is some reservation there, but that's ok, to me because there are also reservations on my part....

I mean, as of last week, we were talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas plans. He was talking about at some point moving in together...

It's hard to focus and stay calm without my mind racing.

Carol was wondering last week if he was just with me while he was unemployed and now that he has a job again he's free to date.....?

I agree: try not to get freaked out about what he may want to talk about. It could be a lot of different things.

Considering how often you have questioned him and the relationship, even a break up - although painful - is not necessarily a 'bad' thing as such if it is something that is unavoidable in the long run (due to some of the incompatibilities you have discussed here) and knowing this sooner rather than later is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I agree: try not to get freaked out about what he may want to talk about. It could be a lot of different things.

Considering how often you have questioned him and the relationship, even a break up - although painful - is not necessarily a 'bad' thing as such if it is something that is unavoidable in the long run (due to some of the incompatibilities you have discussed here) and knowing this sooner rather than later is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Yes, i agree with you logically. Emotionally now I am racing. I wish I knew what was going on right now, instead of waiting until tonight.

OK deep breath because panicking is not going to help right now - you have no information. Here is what I think - I think your feeling that it is not positive is probably right. We all know that often the bad "talk" happens when the other person thinks that things are going great so you cannot know what the "not positive is". Perhaps he's decided to quit his job, or got another DUI (or some complication with the one he has) or something like that. The worst case scenario is he wants to end things. Is that really a worst case for you (depending on his reasons). I know I know - I'm throwing that out there.

Good luck and please please deep breathing -not worth a stomach ache.

yes, it's possible that he wants to quit his job, got fired, got another DUI, had some complications with the current DUI. Maybe he got drunk one night and kissed another woman at the bar?? Or maybe he is still wanting to move to Africa with his sister?

Or yeah, maybe he's thought about it and decided we're really not compatible after all.

I'm wondering about the checks, why he is writing them out to me now, in advance of his paycheck. I know he doesn't like owing me money and was insistent that he pay me back the second he could. He told me he hung out with his friend M this weekend. M has a lot of money and maybe lent him money so he could pay me back? Ok, that's my mind racing there...