Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Journals

The Lair of the Mad Guruess

Cynder

I always think of all these things I want to write... when I'm far away from the computer.

Just like I had a hundred excellent ideas for paintings, when I was without a computer.

I just changed my desktop wallpaper here at work. I have this picture of all four members of Pink Floyd but they are Simpsons characters. I can't stop staring at it. Yea... I'm deep.

I've been working on this painting forever... Yesterday I feel like I made some actual progress on it. For so long all I've done is pain feathers. The blue wing needs some finishing touches still, and the work itself is far from complete. I'm just so glad I can take a break from the feathers for a little while.

image removed

I posted an earlier version of this a while back on here. Here is that one:

image removed

• 2 weeks later...

image removed

I posted another incarnations of this a while back. I worked on it a lot yesterday. I got about half way through painting the hair, then got really tired and needed to sleep. But I came a long way on this one and I'm proud of myself.

This is a portrait of one of my friends who always wanted to see himself as a vampire. I took pictures of him to use as reference. The background is actually his house. The cat was plopped in there yesterday and not paid much attention to. It's my cat, but he loves her and really wanted me to include her in there. What's there now is just a photo that I messed around with a little. Her tail wasn't showing, I painted a real quick tail in. It looks cartoonish, but it's just there as a reference point.

The problems I'm having... There needs to be something else in the background there. I can't think of anything to put there. I'm thinking maybe instead of objects, maybe have some thick fog floating around down by the floor. Then there will at least be something there other than a rug and a wall...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ It seems it was the dreaded news... He has until Halloween, at least. So he has time to look for another job before they officially let him go.

We were talking last night about this. He said with all the changes the new company is making he's almost glad he won't be there to see his clients freaking out. It sucks though, because I know how bad he's going to miss those guys.

Archived