Ugggh, happy birthday to me

it's pathetic... after everything he's put me through, if he wanted to get back together, I would in a freaking instant.

I think he just wants to do his own thing without having to do the 'work' of being in a relationship. But he still wants you around for all the other stuff that he gets from a relationship. Not fair...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he just wants to do his own thing without having to do the 'work' of being in a relationship. But he still wants you around for all the other stuff that he gets from a relationship. Not fair...

Yeah, that's exactly what it is. He wants all the benefits of a relationship but not the actual commitment.

What do you want from him? If you could map out the next ten years - what would happen if you could wave a magic wand and make it so.

I want to be with him. I can picture myself with him ten years down the road. I've thought about what our life together could be like. We compliment each other so well. I truly think he could be the one. I was engaged at one point and I'm more sure about J than the other ex.

If I had it my way, I want him to be ready. I want him to want me to move there. There's no doubt in my mind that he doesn't love me. We didn't break up because the love wasn't there.

Then I think you should tell him that again - or repeat it if you already have. And tell him that unless and until he is on the same page as you it is in your best interests that he doesn't contact you. Tell him you appreciate the thought about birthday cards and so on but you would prefer him not to do that.

Archived