I can smell weird stuff.

yoxa
My Dog's Nose is Hot - Is He Si...
My Dog's Nose is Hot - Is He Sick?

For the last several months I am constantly feeling the smell of iron or steel in the air and I always find blood in my nasal mucus; not bleeding from nose but just those small amounts in mucus. I know that is not normal and hence the post. I can't relate this to anything but to the sinuses. Anyone knows anything about this and is it serious? :S thx

No one here, not even those in the medical professions, can tell you exactly what it is without examining you, which is why when it comes to medical conditions, especially persistent ones, you should go see a doctor.

Having said that it doesn't sound like something very serious. it could be sinusitis - since you've been having these symptoms for some months now it's best to see a doctor and he or she could give you antibiotics. If you are prone to sinus problems, this time of the year can be especially bad as cold weather can aggravate them (I'm assuming you live somewhere with a temperate climate). if it was something really serious, like a tumour, you'd most likely feel an immense amount of pressure. Dry air can also cause blood vessels to rupture and bleed a little sometimes.

For the last several months I am constantly feeling the smell of iron or steel in the air and I always find blood in my nasal mucus; not bleeding from nose but just those small amounts in mucus. I know that is not normal and hence the post. I can't relate this to anything but to the sinuses. Anyone knows anything about this and is it serious? :S thx

I think blood tastes kind of coppery, maybe you are mistaking that slight taste of blood for the steel or iron smell.

My nose bleeds because of a medication I am taking. It's normally not running down my face but there's just a bit of blood dried up in my nose all the time. Is the mucous very bloody... like completely red... or just tainted red here & there?

It probably really is a nose bleed you are experiencing, which is due to broken blood vessels, but its just severe enough for it to release enough blood to actually run out of your nose.

Being in an area of high elevation (like Colorado) will also make your nose bleed.

Certain prescription nasal sprays can give you a bloody nose too.

Archived