Never using pet names?

Mantis
200+ Perfect Nicknames For Guys: Be...
200+ Perfect Nicknames For Guys: Best Names Ideas

This is mostly for girls, but guys can answer too. Would you be comfortable in a relationship where you boyfriend didn't ever use pet names, and didn't want you to use them? Even basic stuff like dear or honey. Maybe it's weird, but pet names make me a little uncomfortable. I'd rather just use first names. But I'm not sure if a girl would put up with that.

I like to call him or be called babe or baby. I don't really like any other one's much. But I also like him to use my name sometimes because.. I don't know... I know he is thinking about me. Anyone can be called babe but specifically saying my name is different. I mean, I know he knows my name, it's hard to explain.

Maybe you'll change your mind once your close & in a relationship with someone?

I like to call him or be called babe or baby. I don't really like any other one's much. But I also like him to use my name sometimes because.. I don't know... I know he is thinking about me. Anyone can be called babe but specifically saying my name is different. I mean, I know he knows my name, it's hard to explain.

Maybe you'll change your mind once your close & in a relationship with someone?

I know exactly what you mean about someone specifically using your name when talking to you, i like it sometimes too.

I love having a pet name and really notice when its not used, it makes me wonder if everything is ok or not

I would think it was weird if my boyfriend only called me by my first name, but I guess it's not a deal breaker. I just have never had a boyfriend refer to me mainly by my first name unless it's a serious moment or he's mad at me

I can just see the work Christmas party and your boyfriend comes up and calls you "Babe" with your boss standing right there!

I like to use pet names. Everyone else uses the "normal" name, so it feels more personal to have a name that only you use. Not really a fan of honey or babe or things like that, it has to be a bit off the wall.

image removed

I cannot stand pet names. "Honey", to me, is the worst and I refuse to let any person call me that, male or female. Where I'm from, it's pretty standard to call a person you don't even know "honey" (i.e. a waitress will sometimes call a customer that); it just completely rubs me the wrong way. Sometimes they say "darlin'" too.

I made it clear in the beginning of my relationship that I don't take pet names. My bf will sometimes refer to me as "my girl", which is fine, because it's literal and affectionate at the same time.

I've had bfs that used pet names, and others that would call me just by my name, or my nickname.

I am not particularly fond of being called pet names, basically because I use them all the time with my friends, and when I'm being ironic, cinical or sarcastic (yeah, I guess I'm weird X p), and because most of the guys I know that call girls pet names do so in order to not mistake the girl's name. so I'd rather keep it on a first-name basis.

I've had bfs that used pet names, and others that would call me just by my name, or my nickname.

I am not particularly fond of being called pet names, basically because I use them all the time with my friends, and when I'm being ironic, cinical or sarcastic (yeah, I guess I'm weird X p), and because most of the guys I know that call girls pet names do so in order to not mistake the girl's name. so I'd rather keep it on a first-name basis.

If this is truly the case then i would say it is the TYPE of men you are attracting vs the fact that most men who do this are doing it to not call someone the wrong name. That would never even occur to me with my current and past SO's. They called me those names as terms of endearment, not because they were afraid they would call me the wrong name. I use a lot of pet names too, and also not so i will not call the wrong name but because it is just my perosnality.

Archived