My Parents..

I want to find a love like my parents have...

I've been extremely sick for the past week and this weekend my mom decided to come stay with me, to nurse me back to health. They're sooo cute. They can't go more than an hour or so without talking, be it by e-mail or quick phone call.

They've been married for over 35 years and I'm just finding it to be really sweet. My mom calls my dad a minute ago, "Heyyyy... miss me?" And they giggle like a couple of high schoolers.

They're just so lost without each other during the evenings. Last week my dad had to travel for work and my mom would call me, really lonely not really knowing what to do. Now my dad's home alone and not knowing what to do with HIM self.... Soul mates. For sure. They've definitely found their counterpart in another.

This is a really random and silly thread but I really do want that love. Something to aspire to find, I guess.

Thank you!

I've never had the urge to be so sentimental towards my parents but something about this just really set me off and got me all misty-eyed... I TRULY look up to them, especially in terms of a relationship.

Everything is so...balanced.

Hehe, I hear ya.

My parents have been married for 38 years and are the best of friends. Their love was put to the test this past March when my dad had a stroke that left him partially paralyzed and disabled. My mom has been caring for him ever since, washing him up every day, helping prepare all his meals, driving him to and from therapy and doctor's appointments, shoveling and digging out his wheelchair walk way so they can get him out and to breakfast, out for a drive.

I love the way they still look at each other. They have been an inspiration for me to look up to and hope that my relationship with my husband lasts as long.

Aww that is so sweet, I think every person deserves a love like your parents.

I think it is the cutest thing seeing an older couple together, holding hands, giggling like high school kids and kissing each other.. It gives me hope

Awww, I know!!! Those couples seriously make me want to cry... and ask them their secret (haha, can't resist--the Dane Cook skit..."What's your secret?" "CHEAT")

Hehe, I hear ya.

My parents have been married for 38 years and are the best of friends. Their love was put to the test this past March when my dad had a stroke that left him partially paralyzed and disabled. My mom has been caring for him ever since, washing him up every day, helping prepare all his meals, driving him to and from therapy and doctor's appointments, shoveling and digging out his wheelchair walk way so they can get him out and to breakfast, out for a drive.

I love the way they still look at each other. They have been an inspiration for me to look up to and hope that my relationship with my husband lasts as long.

Aww, wow, that's so wonderful of your mom to do all that!! And YES--the LOOK they have for each other...gah, it's sweet.

Reading your post just made me all sentimental and made me cry. It's the kind of love i thought i had with my ex

What a lucky girl you are to have grown up in such a beautiful environment with loving parents.

awwww i'm sorry! it reminded me of my ex and me too

I most definitely was lucky to be raised in such a great environment. For sure.

I take it for granted sometimes, I think.

Aww that is so sweet, I think every person deserves a love like your parents.

I think it is the cutest thing seeing an older couple together, holding hands, giggling like high school kids and kissing each other.. It gives me hope

When I care for older patients in the hospital that's one thing I always watch for-- how they interact with their spouses. I love to see husbands caring for wives and wives caring for husbands. Sometimes they are so doting. I always ask how long they are married, I often hear 50+ years, I think the longest was 63 years. And they still look at each other with such love. It really inspires me.

This is the kind of love I hope to find someday. I thought I had found the one once and the feelings we had for each other we're amazing, always wanting to be together, smiling at each other, making love, doing anything for each other, we had an amazing connection with which we could share our feelings and talk about anything at all. I just wish it had lasted forever.

This is the kind of love I hope to find someday. I thought I had found the one once and the feelings we had for each other we're amazing, always wanting to be together, smiling at each other, making love, doing anything for each other, we had an amazing connection with which we could share our feelings and talk about anything at all. I just wish it had lasted forever.

Yeah, I know what you're saying... I feel that we will find that REAL love again someday... but if not, it's better to have had that even just for a bit than to never have it at all...

What a cute post.. Makes me all gooey inside.. And also really optimistic. I mean do we even see people OUR age so in love nowdays? Not so much (well for me anyways).

I sometimes call my bf and ask "so missed me?" and I hope we don't change with each other (like they say it usually tends to happen).

From what you described, I hope to be like your parents someday too married for decades, and still giddy about my husband. Aww..

And it's great you have such good examples in your life

They've been married for over 35 years and I'm just finding it to be really sweet. My mom calls my dad a minute ago, "Heyyyy... miss me?" And they giggle like a couple of high schoolers.

my parents are like this as well, to the point where its almost sickening lol.. theyve been married for 35 yrs. i dont know how they do it, i think after that amount of time i would be ready to ring my husbands neck, but instead they act like a couple of honeymooners, its a rare sight to see in todays society, happy long term marriages that is.

Archived