My mother always says

cassiana

Better to be an old man's darling than a young man's fool.

What do you think and do you have any other pieces of sage romantic advice passed down through the generations?

Experienced both... hmmm. I think I liked the older guy better than the younger as far as quality of relationship, but unfortunately I continued to change so neither of them really worked well for more than a couple of years.

My mom always said to marry my equal to get the best foundation for a marriage. For her, my "equal" meant intelligence, station in life and that sort of thing.

My sociology teacher in High School said that whomever we choose to be our mate, make sure they can be our best-friend, because the passion and lust will always fade and eventually go away, and when that happens the friendship is what will keep you together.

My sociology teacher in High School said that whomever we choose to be our mate, make sure they can be our best-friend, because the passion and lust will always fade and eventually go away, and when that happens the friendship is what will keep you together.

True that. Learning that one the hard way.

Archived