coming home to an emtpy apartment for the first time

Tomorrow night is going to be the first night I come back to our apartment and pretty much all her stuff is going to be gone and she won't be here.

This is the first time I will be truly living alone.

No roommates, nothing. Me, the apartment and nothing else.

I moved to the city a few months back and still haven't made any friends. I recently started work so atleast that is keeping me busy.

But still, I'm left with the apartment we shared, all alone, no friends in the city, no family close by.

How to cope? How to heal?

How do I move one and forget?

I've never really been single for more than a few months, and I never lived completely by myself. This is a completely new experience.

Being alone has always been one of my biggest fears.

I need some encouragement.

It will hurt like hell. You will cry and feel like a heap of * * * * e. Sad but true...but you WILL move on, its a slow process. You have to go through the pain to come out the other side again. Never try to duck under it, or jump over it. Go straight through that pain and feel every heartache that goes along with it. In a few months you will feel so much stronger knowing you did this and when you get to that happy place again (which you WILL) and you meet someone new, you will have lived, learned and be a stronger, healthier happier person for it. TRUST ME. xxxx

It's a slow process friend, my ex-wife moved out about 3 weeks ago, and there's definitely an adjustment period.

Things will get better now that the holidays have passed, and I can tell you I'm in the same boat as you. 95% of my friends are married and now have kids, so they don't want the divorced guy around anymore.

So, I'm slowly learning that I need to go out and do things by myself and make friends, and it's tough, but you'll get there. Just stay positive!

It's a slow process friend, my ex-wife moved out about 3 weeks ago, and there's definitely an adjustment period.

Things will get better now that the holidays have passed, and I can tell you I'm in the same boat as you. 95% of my friends are married and now have kids, so they don't want the divorced guy around anymore.

So, I'm slowly learning that I need to go out and do things by myself and make friends, and it's tough, but you'll get there. Just stay positive!

This is exactly how I feel right now. I am not the divorced guy but I am the single guy who is in pain and wants to talk about the same thing over and over again.

I agree that staying positive is the thing to do but it is impossible at first. If you need to talk message me because I just came back from her city (it was a LDR) to an empty apartment and it is hell but we will get through it.

I feel you. After my breakup on Xmas eve, I stayed with my parents for a week. I went to my place here and there to clean out my reminders of her, but last night was the first night I spent by myself. I had to have a couple of shots of amaretto and 1/4 bottle of rum to shake it off and help me sleep. I don't normally drink, but sometimes if I need to be knocked out, that'll do the trick.

This morning I woke up and while I turned and imagined my ex laying there for a bit, I have to admit it was nice to not get out of bed until 10 and not get dressed until 1pm. I just got to veg, whereas my ex would usually have a day of running errands planned and we couldn't really, truly veg like that. We'd always seem to have to be doing something. When we did veg, it was usually watching what she wanted or playing games she wanted. Today I got to do everything I wanted. It was still tough though.

Archived