is this unacceptable what i did?

nthalley

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on what you mean by verbal abuse. Simply cussing someone out because you're mad I wouldn't think was a big deal really. Doing something to deliberately damage someone's psyche through cruel and vicious statements aimed specifically at their vunerabilities is kind of mean. The former is temporary, the latter can cause long term damage depending on relationship, situation, and emotional state of the receiver.

Depends on what you mean by verbal abuse. Simply cussing someone out because you're mad I wouldn't think was a big deal really. Doing something to deliberately damage someone's psyche through cruel and vicious statements aimed specifically at their vunerabilities is kind of mean. The former is temporary, the latter can cause long term damage depending on relationship, situation, and emotional state of the receiver.

I intimidated her to her face by saying by saying i gave her wrong looks in the past.....and then i gave a thumbs up to my buddy after that she ran out of the gym....then when she pissed me off again...i said did you get injured?(she had knee injuries)and then i said what about your upper body?then i looked at her upper body...and gave her a dirty look..

I'm wondering what you are getting out of intimidating this woman. Does it make you feel less insecure to act this way towards her?

No she just pisses me off when i see her.... She just has this thing about her where she can't feel secure unsless she feels better than othyers....and can't stand when someone has something good going for them...

Specifically, what has she done to you?

said some * * * * behind my back....i think she might have been mad that i brushed her off...pointed me out to another guy the day after she ran out....and things of that nature...All i did to start off with was look at her with another guy and say she was good looking to him while looking at her?don't know if she took that as ogling,but she demened me to the other guy.This was 2 years ago.After that everything got ugly i got pissed off berated her numerous times after that(she even ran out 1 time).....It's been an on again off again acquiantanship with a bit of tension.I don't know how she has the guts to come at me like that after all of this and after i tried to do the right andGENTLEMENLY thing after that.What's her deal?I'm so pissed right now.I wanna go at a different time ,but i also wanna go off on her again..

If you have been harassing her for two years, you really need to let it go. That is not ok, not at all.

I know southern girl...but when i see her,it's like she brushes things off like nothing happenmed and like i'm not supposed to be pissed at all.She even smiled and waved at me the last month ....like i said it's a very mixed rollercoaster ride of emotions...

She probably wanted the other guy to back her up if you became unruly again. I am assuming you are bigger than her?

She doesn't want to date you. Stop talking to her. Stop looking at her. And if you can't do that then join a different gym.

Don't be surprised if a bunch of guys jump you in the parking lot. It doesn't sound like she's going to continue taking your abuse passively.

What gives you more of a right to be in the gym than her.

Mean people suck. If your only justification is that you don't like how you *think* she might be that's not good enough. Did she specifically do anything to you?

Oh and YES...said stuff behind my back.....and other things ...

I don't really understand how this all started. You told some guy you thought she was good looking, then he told her & she said... something you didn't like? This was the first time you'd become acquaintances? Maybe she gets kind of freaked out when guys like her & she doesn't reciprocate.

It sounds like you are being a jerk, and that is not okay. If I were her, I would've put an end to your behavior 2 years ago. You're just lucky she hasn't gotten you kicked out of the gym or called the police. Why don't you just not talk to her?

Seriously, she's been trying to not behave like you're a psycho and that makes you even more psycho? How do you want her to act? Cry and tell everyone in the gym what a hero you are?

You need to change the times you go to the gym because you are heading to harassment land.

I'd suggest not talking to her, but it sounds like we're past that.

She probably wanted the other guy to back her up if you became unruly again. I am assuming you are bigger than her?

She doesn't want to date you. Stop talking to her. Stop looking at her. And if you can't do that then join a different gym.

Don't be surprised if a bunch of guys jump you in the parking lot. It doesn't sound like she's going to continue taking your abuse passively.

Here's the thing.When shes there,i don't look at her don't even acknowledge her...and when i pass by don't say anything.But when i'm away from that place...i still have all these emotions of wanting to go off

why does everyone keep saying this is harassMENT?she could be guilty of the same actions...

Well, you haven't really said exactly what she said about you. And it sounds like whatever she said was 2 years ago? You aren't the one running out of the gym to get away from her. You are the one getting up in her face. And you are the one that is wondering if you are verbally abusing her. THAT is why.

Unless you think her waving at you that one time is harassment.

Here's the thing.When shes there,i don't look at her don't even acknowledge her...and when i pass by don't say anything.But when i'm away from that place...i still have all these emotions of wanting to go off

You are contradicting yourself. Reread your posts in this thread. It is impossible to intimidate someone by being in their face without acknowledging them.

Archived