Right to be annoyed about New Years Eve? Should you spent it with your SO

suzexxx

My boyfriend hasnt exactly been enthusastic about new years eve this year, probably due to the fact he has work really early on new years day (he cant drink as he's a lorry driver). He knew that i wanted to spend the evening with him, it would feel weird not to, however he keeps asking me what my plans are and if im going out with friends.

I've been asked out by friends, but they will be with their own boyfriends and i dont want to feel like piggy in the middle. I have asked him if he wants to go out with his own friends, but he hasnt replied or let me know what he wants to do.

Do you think im right to be annoyed about not spending new years eve with him?

I wanted to spend christmas eve with him but he decided at the last minute that he was going to stay at home, despite saying he would stay at mine and we would see his family in the afternoon.

x

we havent really made plans to be honest, as i knew he was working the next day. my boyfriend is one of those people who never plans anything until the last minute, literally the night before he'll say that he's coming over. Im the opposite, i like things planned weeks in advance.

i guess i just assummed we'd spend it together, i have told him that i want to spend the night with him and not friends. im even be happy watching a dvd if he wasnt up for much. we spent last year together.

x

Next time he asks you what you're doing say, "I'd really like to just spend it with you whether it's with your friends or mine or at home watching a movie". If he wanted to be alone Christmas Eve and wants to spend New Years Eve alone or with other people, I would definitely think something was up and ask him about it.

Im going to ring him tonight and ask him whats going on, i tried ringing last night and he didnt answer (he text and said he was with his mates down the pub when i was asleep). He texts quite a bit throughout the day, but i cant have a proper conversation over texts.

Btw we have been rocky for a while, so im trying not to be too pushy at the moment. I just feel sad as i would love to spend the night with him. And also i wouldnt have seen him since early boxing day morning.

x

P.s Thanks DN

Oooh he's just text me saying he was just asking what my plans were as he think he will stay in and i'm welcome to come over if i want to. He also added that he wouldnt be offended if i went out with friends.

I dont mean to be selfish, like i said i would be happy with a take-out and an early night. I just wanted to spend the night with him, we spend work nights together most weeks.

x

Archived