Open Club  ·  30 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

Inspiring books

makeupgrl99

i like margarette cho "i'm the one that i want"

in this book, you get to learn about her life and everything she's gone through to become a stronger, better person.

and, i like "why men love witches/why men marry witches"

(witches, replacing w with b)

the book is written in a very humurous way. it tels you ways of dealing with different situations. it shouldn't be taken too seriously. the take away message is that you're in control of your life and you should live if for you. it usually makes me feel uplifted when i read it from time to time. a good reminder that i'm not as helpless as i feel sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...

I am reading "Black Boy" by Richard Wright. This book is very inspiring. It's his autobiography. During the time it was written, there weren't many African American authors. It was also way before the civil rights era. His books actually sparked a lot of the civil rights moment, or inspired the civil rights moment.

Just reading the things he went through in his life has helped me to appreciate everything I have taken for granted in mine. It's a great read and I suggest it to anyone.

It's not a self help book obviously, however it inspires me to do better things with my life, and take all the opportunities that I have as a blessing.

Archived