Greedy Bastard!!

Cloud9Kitty

I've been a cashier for this guy for almost 3 years. I'm a damn good employee, dependable, smart and worth every penny....but my Boss is a jerk! He's taken away everyone's Xmas bonuses and then he just bought a brand new $50,000 Pick-up Truck!!!! I'm thinking of telling him off. Any ideas on what I could say to get this anger off my chest and still keep my job???? Arrrrgh, he deserves a slap upside the head!!!!

I'll never forget a boss I had who was stingy with the raises, but proceeded to purchase matching Saabs for himself and his wife. He also bragged about taking his teenagers golfing in North Carolina where the greens fees were more than $1000 a day. It was so incredibly offensive and insensitive that he would throw these things in our faces. In the end, the business folded and he lost everything while we workers went on to better jobs. Greed has a way of crashing in on itself.

I think telling him off will probably cost you your job. Is your boss one of those who won't give a crap anyway if you do tell him off or speak to him about this?

Perhaps look for another job and then tell him off. hehe. Don't expect a very good ref if you do.

My Boss makes 10 million a year and is cheap ass bastard. Him and I have had a couple shouting matches. He's fired me once during one of those matches, but immediately rehired me while I walking out the door and offered me a raise. If only your boss was like that huh?

My Boss charges us $1.00 for a cup of coffee. and has threatened to take $2 out of each paycheck for toilet paper. Every night, he counts his coffee money. i like to screw with him by putting shirt buttons in the box and monoply money. I don't drink the coffee there.

BTW...he keeps his coffee box locked. It is also fire safe in case the place burns down.

Love the title of this thread. Brings back not so fond of memories of all the cheap, greedy low-life bastards I've worked for in the past. And flaunting their wealth directly in front of employees faces continues to be, and has always been, one of the best ways to destroy morale.

You can always change job. Being a "good" employee doesn't give you anything in this world.

I guess a better way to put it is that you better not be a "good" employee in hopes of getting some kind of extra bonus or recognition, but only for the sake of being the good employee that you know you are. I am the same way, but I know inside I will get the same or similar raise as everyone else. It doesn't irk me a bit honestly. I just can't stand being at work and not doing anything really productive. I guess in a way I do like to please the workers around me but at the same time I just do it because that is the way I am. Having said all of that, sometimes you just need to grin and bear it OP. Stuff like this happens everywhere everyday in the U.S. Be thankful you're still employed during a time of economic crisis. That's enough for me to be thankful for at the moment.

You have to assess your long term goals and decide if this job is meeting it. Obviously this guy will pamper his creature comforts while taking you all for granted. Doesn't sound like there's much money in that for you.

Take this as a sign that you might want to look for another job at another company with a higher salary so that you can buy your own shiny new truck rather than watching your greedy boss drive around in his...

I'll never forget a boss I had who was stingy with the raises, but proceeded to purchase matching Saabs for himself and his wife. He also bragged about taking his teenagers golfing in North Carolina where the greens fees were more than $1000 a day. It was so incredibly offensive and insensitive that he would throw these things in our faces. In the end, the business folded and he lost everything while we workers went on to better jobs. Greed has a way of crashing in on itself.

I think that is called Karma...

I guess that's a good way of putting it. But the fact is that you are easily replaceable and that's what they want. They don't want you to be able to argue for better wages or better conditions, they can just simply replace you by someone who's willing to accept less!

A lot of managers are greedy. I work in retail part time and I have not gotten a raise in 5 years. I have asked for a raise many times and still nothing at all. I am a good worker and I always sell so much for the store and in return I get nothing! I can't wait till I find a new job, I am tired of where I work. A lot of managers don't care at all. I hate working for people who are like that.

Archived