I am a man, I have whisker on my chin. I now roar.

Clementine orange

I grew a holiday beard. I love it, it looks awesome and I feel good - virile, manly and hairy. My g/f hates it (I cannot use that word strongly enough). When I told I was going to grow it she got mad and was against it but I grew it anyway under the theory that I own my face.

I am stubborn and will not shave it until Spring I think. The more she complains the more I don't want to shave it. I don't want her to think she can tell me what to do or nag me into doing it.

Am I a jerk?

ps: where is that poll option - I was going to do a poll. It was going to be witty (for you) and informative (for me). Crap.

My boyfriend grew one during exams...I wasn't too fond of it, but didn't hate it. It was alright. But yeah I prefer him with no beard! I think you are being somewhat of a jerk seeing that she hates it...yes you own your face, but I'd at least trim it a bit. I'd be hurt if my boyfriend went and did it anyways without taking my feelings into account.

Well considering the ladies are always telling us to love them no matter if they gain weight, grow their own beard, or get stretch marks, your hair is your hair. Besides Ill bet when you shave it she'll jump the bone quicker than ever. Welcome to the beard club, not only am I member, but i'm the president.

The more she complains the more I don't want to shave it.

Why are you relating these two things? If it's just independently super important to you then keep it. If you are doing it in part to push her buttons, then I don't see the value in that.

I don't want her to think she can tell me what to do or nag me into doing it.

Fair enough, I guess. Maybe she is being unreasonable. I don't know. It's up to you what your priorities are when it comes to the beard.

I am stubborn and will not shave it until Spring I think. The more she complains the more I don't want to shave it. I don't want her to think she can tell me what to do or nag me into doing it.

Do you have other issues of her trying to nag or control you? Or are you just using the beard as a lesson for her?

You shouldn't lose the beard unless you want to. Just bear in mind that she may use the same thought process to kissing you.

I love guys with facial hair. My new guy did have a soul patch, which is unbelievably hot, and he's letting it grow into a goatee.... which is also unbelievably hot. Anyway, you are right you do own your own face, but why keep it just because she hates it? I could see keeping it if you felt it was a good look for you, but at least trim it down so it's not as uncomfortable. Because after a while of kissing, the facial hair tends to hurt. But, like you said, it's your face and you can do what you want with it, but it does seem like your being a jerk by saying the more she complains the more you don't want to shave it.

If the beard is really important to you then keep it and simply tell her that you do not like being told what to do and that's that. If she gets upset and refuses to kiss you, well that's the risk you've decided to take because it's something important to you that you do not want to give up and that is your right. You should probably weigh the pros and cons and then decide.

LOL as much as I hate facial hair and give my fiance a hard time about growing his out it's a personal decision in my opinion and isn't really my place to get mad about him doing it. Just like my fiance hates me cutting my hair but I do it because it is what I like, same thing if he started actually getting mad at me doing it i'd start worrying about the relationship and him trying to control things I do.

Archived