Stupid Phone Call ... Leads to little argument

a_lifters_life

Trying to take a nap about 6:00pm and first my friend calls, then my home, then my g/f's brother.

The last phone call by my girlfriends brother, lasted a whole 6 seconds where he called, let it ring 3x, then hung up, I was sleeping and it woke me up. Next thing I know I text him and say like " * * * was that lol" and he just responds with "lol". He then says I didnt pick up on time .... while the call only lasted 6 seconds. I called him back, left a msg saying "yo what's up, its [myname] just returning your call, call me back if you wanna talk"

I text my girlfriend - not wanting to interrupt her dinner, asking why her bro is doing that ... she said she doesnt know.

I told her it's kinda childish thing for her brother to do whose freaking 22 years old ! She says "oh, stop being so hot headed".

She takes her brother's side, over me .... like * * * is your problem ? Her brother was acting immature, I didnt make a big deal about it initially I was asking a question and then she tells me to stop being so hot-headed (that's what made me mad) . Like no ... it wasnt the fact what he did, but how she treated it taking HIS side, when it clearly was HIS fault by acting immature ! I mean I'd really just like to let go of this and let it go, but its the fact that I cannot be respected. She was at dinner with him too when this all happened.

Ugh. Im really having doubts about going to see her and her family. She wants me to go there on Tues and leave next sunday. Not sure if I could handle that .... keep in mind her brother is 22 ... like why ? Am I acting ridiculous or is this a good claim im making ? Thanks for your opinions !

I am not really sure what you are mad about. I know on my phone some times it rings a lot longer for the person calling me then my phone actually rings. I tried it out once and the person calling hears almost three rings before my phone even started ringing. So that may be the case for you too. Also I am sure he didn't know you were sleeping. Seems to me it was just a missed phone call no big deal. Personally I think you over reacted to the call.

In my opinion, I don't see what is immature about her brother calling you in the evening, hanging up & not immediately telling you what he was calling about. Like another poster said, it probably rang more times on his phone than on yours. Or sometimes I start calling someone, then something happens wherever I'm at & I have to hang up, or I get the answer I was originally calling about. Unless you are leaving out some significant details, you overreacted to basically nothing.

I am not really sure what you are mad about. I know on my phone some times it rings a lot longer for the person calling me then my phone actually rings. I tried it out once and the person calling hears almost three rings before my phone even started ringing. So that may be the case for you too. Also I am sure he didn't know you were sleeping. Seems to me it was just a missed phone call no big deal. Personally I think you over reacted to the call.

yeah, i'm like

Archived