good way to cut a date short?

LAYAAN

Hello all,

I've a possible date coming up. I wanted to go for coffee only but the guy suggested that we do something in addition to that. If either of us dont' seem to connect with the other, I want to cut the date short. What would be a decent way to go about it? What activities can we possibly do that would help me cut a bad date short if at all I had to?

Previously, I've been stuck on a bad date and dont' want to go through that experience again. Previously, the guy kept so quiet on a date and later started acting arrogant b'coz he didn't like me, he didn't feel like we hit it off.

I've learned my lesson and now if I see that a man is too quiet or stays physically distant from me on a date, I don't want to go through that agony of keeping him with me on a date.

Thank you.

There is nothing wrong with just promising to coffee / a drink if this is a first meeting, you do not have to promise to more. Online dating sites tell you that is all you should agree to first up, it gives you time to gauge your interest level and then you can always extend to lunch / dinner / another activity.

Also, I agree with the friend phoning idea, that is what I did last time, had my sister call at a certain time and used it as an excuse that I had to pick her up from somewhere.

Alternately, you can just say, it's been nice chatting, but I'm a little tired now and have to go or something to that effect... Depends on the guy though I guess.

Ammy

No, but you could know who already told you they'd call if they needed your help.

and if you take a call while on a date with me, we will be leaving very soon. if we were like bf/gf it wouldn't matter, take the call. but on a getting to know you, first few dates kind of thing, just rude. especially if you are expecting a call, even worse.

girl: "my grandma is on her death bed, im expecting a call..."

ghost: "NO YOU WILL NOT ANSWER!"

j/k

pffft. let's not twist this. can you tell while you are getting it on or in the heat of the moment that call is going to be like that?

if you get a call from some family member or crazy number you never hear from, take it. but if it's not an emergency, you tell them you will call them back. it would just be rude and i wouldn't play that. just me though.

I've actually had someone in the middle of the exam ask to have his cellphone turned on because his wife was about to deliver a baby. It was almost like, eugh why are you not there?! I mean, sometimes you are expecting stuff to happen and you try to focus on other things and live your life, but it's the exception.

I can totally understand if someone starts blabbing to someone else about unimportant crap though =|

and if you take a call while on a date with me, we will be leaving very soon. if we were like bf/gf it wouldn't matter, take the call. but on a getting to know you, first few dates kind of thing, just rude. especially if you are expecting a call, even worse.

Because you must be the center of the universe if it's a first date? lol

I wouldn't want the guy I am going out with on a first date to pick up the phone either, or vice versa. I would find it rude. I usually just have my phone on silent and a friend can text me if they want to know how it's going, and you can respond in the bathroom quickly or something. Maybe that's dumb?

This is why something simple should be planned for the first date, like coffee, drinks, or something. Especially if you really don't know the person well at all. This way there should be no reason to try and cut the date short, but if it goes well there are options to extend it.

Archived