bitter taste

samantha20

I have a nasty bitter taste in my mouth that won't go away. It's very strong and it kind of a chemically, bitter taste. It has been there for around 2 weeks.. does anyone know what could be causing this? mouthwash and brushing doesn't make the taste go away and it's making me feel quite nauseous any ideas?

Are you on any antibiotics? How much water do you drink every day? It could even be your mouthwash.

I was on antibiotics but I've been off them for a while, could they still be in my system and be causing the taste? I drink some water, maybe not enough.. can this cause the bitter taste? My tongue is appearing slightly yellow, gross I know

I was on antibiotics but I've been off them for a while, could they still be in my system and be causing the taste? I drink some water, maybe not enough.. can this cause the bitter taste? My tongue is appearing slightly yellow, gross I know

If you were on antibiotics it might have killed off some of your normal flora/resident bacteria that kept bad bacteria from growing in your mouth. Don't use mouthwash with alcohol. That might kill even more of your normal flora. I'd give it some time and if it doesn't go away, then call the doctor that prescribed you those antibiotics and ask him/her about it.

If you were on antibiotics it might have killed off some of your normal flora/resident bacteria that kept bad bacteria from growing in your mouth. Don't use mouthwash with alcohol. That might kill even more of your normal flora. I'd give it some time and if it doesn't go away, then call the doctor that prescribed you those antibiotics and ask him/her about it.

should I stop using mouthwash for a while?

The Magic of Essential Oils In Trea...
The Magic of Essential Oils In Treating Dry Mouth

Archived