ex boyfriend from 2 years ago has been contacting me

csrc85

hey everyone. so i dated my exboyfriend for about 6 months all together. he dumped me back in november 2006. it was kind of messy, i was the "crazy ex girlfriend" for about a week after the breakup. i called a lot and left angry voicemails because i was mad and he wasn't giving me the answers/closure i wanted. we weren't in love, but i did see it going that way (at least on my end). i gave up after about a week and left it at that and decided to move on. i started dating my current boyfriend about 3 months later and we've been together ever since.

my current bf and i were going through a rough period back in may of this year. coincidentally, the ex added me as a friend on facebook during that time and i accepted. we didn't speak at all though. however, recently (within the past couple weeks or so) he started sending me messages and trying to start conversations. we caught up briefly through these messages, but i always kept them short and pleasant. my relationship status is clearly stated on my facebook, as is his (single). last night he asked me if i wanted to go for coffee sometime soon. i said maybe, but it would have to be in the new year because i'm busy with exams right now and going back home for christmas afterward.

i don't really have any intentions of meeting up with him. however he did apologize for treating me badly when we broke up, so i feel like he's trying to extend an olive branch, so to speak. i'm happy in my current relationship and very in love with my boyfriend, but i would be open to being friends with the ex. what do i do? do i tell my current boyfriend that my ex asked me to meet up with him? i feel guilty for talking with him even though it's been strictly friendly and polite. as far as i know my boyfriend has no idea that i have my ex as a friend on facebook. to be honest i even forgot that i did until he sent me a message a couple weeks ago. do i say anything at all? if so, how do i go about bringing it up?

Since you're happy with, and in love with your current boyfriend, why wouldn't you tell him that your "ex" contacted you, and wanted to meet for coffee?

Also, if you'd like to become friends with your "ex", why not introduce him to your current boyfriend?

Not to sound harsh, but there should be absolutely no need to ask this question when you're in a committed relationship.

Since you're happy with, and in love with your current boyfriend, why wouldn't you tell him that your "ex" contacted you, and wanted to meet for coffee?

Also, if you'd like to become friends with your "ex", why not introduce him to your current boyfriend?

Not to sound harsh, but there should be absolutely no need to ask this question when you're in a committed relationship.

some people come here just for assurance.

well i've never been in a situation like this before so i wanted a second opinion.

i've decided not to meet up with him. but i'm not going to ignore his messages, i want him to know there's no hard feelings. i just wanted to see what other people thought because i don't know if this is something that needs to be brought up with my boyfriend or if i should just keep it to myself since it's completely innocent.

well i've never been in a situation like this before so i wanted a second opinion.

i've decided not to meet up with him. but i'm not going to ignore his messages, i want him to know there's no hard feelings. i just wanted to see what other people thought because i don't know if this is something that needs to be brought up with my boyfriend or if i should just keep it to myself since it's completely innocent.

if it's completely innocent, then there's no need to keep it to yourself. if you lie about and your bf finds out, it just looks bad on your part... as if you had a reason to keep this from him. better to just let him know and avoid any conflicts.

Archived