So in love I can't get a hold on myself anymore

Loriana

I am sure that i am in love with my best friend. I keep fighting the feelings back pretending to myself that i just love him as a friend but i know that can't be true. I haven't the slightest clue why i like him but you know when you feel this sudden attraction for someone that you just can't explain?. I've tooken into account that some of his physical features do amaze me like he has these really bright blue eyes and even when we first became friends his eyes would just naturally shy me away from looking into them when i talked to him. He has this naturally curly hair which is beautiful, it's soft and silky. He gets kind of annoyed if certain people touch it but he lets me touch it. Also his scent is so distinctive i can't help breathe it in because i love it. We have simular personalities we both are very sarcastic and funny, we write songs together we're kind of like a duo. When we sing it feels so romantic and after every song we usually give eachother a hug, there was this one time where he held me for what seemed like forever. I can feel this love coming from him aswell. he came onto MSN the other day and was so emotional about something and i said something that made him laugh and he said "omg you make me laugh, aww i love you babe". Normally when he says that he would usually say "ly" or "Luv Ya" buthim saying it fully like that made me question if he means it in a friendly way or whether he does like me or whether its just me taking his words to personally. Anyway i have posted previous posts about me and him. its just i hate secretly being in love with him cos i feel like i'm hiding something from him. Sorry this has been so long i just want some answers like Can anyone help me?. Has anyone had simular experiences? i woulds love to here from you guys xoxox

Sounds like infatuation or a crush to me - I don't know if I would act on this if I were you. Nothing he is doing (from my perspective based on what you wrote) indicates that he feels the same way at this time. He still could, but what you described just sounds like someone with a crush who tends to read into everything, because it's the natural thing to do.

I was in love with a very good friend of mine, really in love, it went on for years despite all the ups and downs, but I knew he never felt the same and I saved the friendship by never indicating to him (at least openly) that I had those feelings. I'm sure he figured it out, but my never ever acting as anything but a friend helped keep things ok.

I'd play it cool. Then again, I'm probably a whole lot older than you, and out of touch with the whole text messaging culture so I could be completely full of crap Does he ever date? Do you see him going out with women, or talking about women he likes? Or does he only spend time with you?

Communication in these situations is key. You need to talk to him about this because he could be feeling the same and shy about asking you, or else he could not have these feelings at all and you are just wasting your time and not dating other guys when you should be.

So talk to him. You can have it be non-threatening by asking if he's ever thought about dating you rather than just being friends. See what he says, and if he is encouraging you can let him know you would like to date him too, and if he's not, then at least you know and can look elsewhere for love.

OMG. I fell in love with my best friend! How long have you guys been friends? I've been close to him for about a year and a half. But I knew I loved him a year ago. I managed to keep it a "secret" until a few months ago. (You can read my old post on it if you want lol). I say "secret" b/c all my friends knew and it was obvious. Anyways, things naturally led to us being closer. I kissed him one night. Then I got the courage to tell him my feelings and vis versa.

I've known him for four years we used to hang out with different people, but then i got to know this guy and it turned out he was friends with my now best friend so thats how i kind of changed the people i hung out with. Aww well its great you too feel the same, wish i could say it is the same for me and him. Well Clementine defitnatly makes you unique lol

I understand. That's why I didn't say anything for so long to my best friend. But we were constantly together. Everyone teased us. But eh. It happens when it happens. If I could go back and do it again, I would have been more honest with my feelings and just told him when I knew for sure I loved him. And if that meant losing him... it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – ...
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – Spotting A True Friend

Archived