Meeting my ex tonight...nervous

It's a mutual friends house party, and I didn't know my ex would be there. I just got a call from my friend. It was weird, he said, "your ex just called to check if you are coming. He said he would come only if you are there!"....

Now how weird is that, why wud my ex check to see if I was attending...we will be meeting in such a close group after a long time...am quite nervous....but I know I ll put up a brave front.

Should I be coordial to him or just plain ignore ?

yes i ll try to avoid any instances where we would be alone, I really dont think am strong enough to go thru that pain of hearing any news of him and his ex who he's got back to....wish I could avoid it......but I dont want to be seen as a coward.

Yes, be cordial...don't ignore. That would be too obvious. Even if you don't feel like this, act "as if" - like you are just fine, thank you, happy, confident, calm...spend most of your time talking to others at the party and if he seeks you out to speak with you, smile and be friendly but keep it brief.

I had to attend a mutual friends/work party where my ex last Friday. I was relieved he came without a date as I know he's been on link removed for a couple of months. I did really well, treated him as I would any other but mostly talked to others at the party. We did play some pool together at the end of the night and we were the last to leave so we walked out together. I was sorry I didn't leave sooner but I was having fun. So I'm still overanalyzing all the things he said, did, things I said, did, etc. He asked me for a little hug on the way out which I gave him but that was it. I felt like the hug was just a peace offering and I'm not sorry - what's a hug? I don't blame him for what happened, don't hate him....although I am still not over it. But a male friend thinks the hug was him trying to take a little step forward, yet probably to just to keep me in his orbit as a potential sex partner. Yiy. And my ex said a couple other things that made me wonder. Who knows? I know I can't go there so I'm trying, trying to just let it all go.

Just try not to read into anything your ex says or does. Try to have a good time in your own right because you TB, are a good worthy fine and fabulous person in your own right.

I can't believe your asking this question. This guy has treated you like total crap. And now I bet you're kind of excited to see him. I'd punch the guy in the face if I were you.

DO NOT LET THIS MAN BACK IN YOUR LIFE!!!

Honestly - even though you shouldn't let this guy interrupt your social life I am with Golden Balls. I wouldn't go to the party. It'll send him a clear message.

Dream about your ex
Dream about your ex

Archived