How can I stay close to the shy guy?

musicamanda

I got really close with a shy guy on a trip, but we don't see each other that much everyday. I don't want to lose that connection because I really think something could come from it. He's pretty shy and so am I, so I don't want to do anything too forward. Is there a good way I could get closer to him again?

One of you has to shrug off the shyness else you'll both end up standing back waiting for the other to act and nothing will happen. Bite the bullet and contact him. Tell him you'd like to see him and when you do, set out a game plan...

Tell him that it was really hard for you to make this leap, but you did, now he needs to come to the party. If he is interested, he needs to organise the next meeting. Once the flow gets going, the shyness should pass, but as I say, one of you has to make the first move and get this thing going... Since you are asking here, maybe you should do it.

I agree with Keyman. Call/text/e-mail him and just say that you had a good time with him on the trip and suggest that you guys should hang out. If that's a bit too forward, you could say "What a shame that we had such a great time and suddenly are strangers again!" It puts the ball in his court: 1) to agree and ask you to hang out, 2) to agree and wonder why as well or 3) to disagree, if worst comes to worst.

Archived