how do you blow off your friends?

mikeyboy22

I am just trying to figure out a way to kind of blow off my friends. They are dragging me down when im trying to quit drinking my friend always comes over with whiskey and I get tempted I end up puking everytime we hang out now and its getting really bad. There just cant ever be a time where we do something not drunk or high and im sick of it, it makes me feel like a loser and these are some friends ive known for years but I can't keep up with them drinking like this anymore its just too much for me.

My friends come over and drink stupid amounts too but we never smoke weed or smoke full stop to be fair, I have stopped drinking or if I do I only drink like 1 or 2 cans. Just don't drink, it's completely up to you. If you just sit there with a glass of water or something I'm sure they won't think you are a loser. They may even follow suit in time, you never know until you try.

I had friends like that as well before (except our poison was going to clubs and getting super wasted every other day of the week...very unsafe). When I stopped liking what I'd turned in to, it came to a point where when they asked if I wanted to hang out, I asked what their plans were. If it involved going out, I just said I was over that scene. Didn't hear from them about going out for a while

Yes, peer pressure is not always an easy thing to beat. They don't want you to stop drinking/smoking, because it's a justifiable means for them to do it.

My suggestion, be somewhere else. Go find some friends that won't force you to do something you don't want to do by just being there. Find a new group of friends and get in with a crowd going the direction you want to go in. If your friends don't want to follow, then leave them behind. In a year, when you are clean and happy, take a look back and see where they are...

I am just trying to figure out a way to kind of blow off my friends. They are dragging me down when im trying to quit drinking my friend always comes over with whiskey and I get tempted I end up puking everytime we hang out now and its getting really bad. There just cant ever be a time where we do something not drunk or high and im sick of it, it makes me feel like a loser and these are some friends ive known for years but I can't keep up with them drinking like this anymore its just too much for me.

slowly stop contact with them. don't answer calls and don't call them as often. after a while they may get the message and back off.

I have to "clean up my life" more than once. When I have gone through this, I have looked at my circle of "friends" and, more often than not, found that I allowed them to put me in situations that worked against me. I had to take repsonsibility for this. I chose who I decided to hang out with.

thereforee, when trying to improve your life, it pays to associate with thos epeople that are going to be supportive. I would just tell my current circle of friends what I was doing (whether it was quitting drinking or whatever). If they were supportive, I continued to hang with them. If they weren't (no matter hos "friendly" they acted) I would tell them flat out I couldn't hang with them. The true friends stick around while the other ones stuck in their own rut drifted away (or ran away). Either way, it was the way to go.

Archived