Im not one for being overly insecure about my appearance. I accept myself as average looking, not ugly, not stunning.

But I'm really nervous for going to a christmas meal with twenty of my family. Both my cousins girlfriends are drop dead gorgeous blondes,tall thin, model pretty and everyone goes on about how pretty they are.

Even my nan and my mum were like omg shes so beautiful, 'Your pretty but their stunning' sorta thing :S

I feel really annoyed at myself for being so petty and insecure about something so insignificant and tiny in the grand scheme of things.

beauty and looks arent everything I know, I just cant help but feel a lil like the ugly duckling.

even the hottest of girls have insecurities, thinking other women are hotter than them. try not to think of it as a competition. but, i know it's hard because other people are still comparing you to them. try not to let them get your night down. i'm insecure about my thinness also, because people keep pointing it out. i bet if they didn't, it wouldn't be on my mind as much.

even the hottest of girls have insecurities' date=' thinking other women are hotter than them. try not to think of it as a competition. but, i know it's hard because other people are still comparing you to them. try not to let them get your night down. i'm insecure about my thinness also, because people keep pointing it out. i bet if they didn't, it wouldn't be on my mind as much.[/quote']

The first thing one person said to me is 'oh my god your so thin' People always comment on the fact im stupidly thin and have boobs to big for my body.

even the hottest of girls have insecurities' date=' thinking other women are hotter than them. try not to think of it as a competition. but, i know it's hard because other people are still comparing you to them. try not to let them get your night down. i'm insecure about my thinness also, because people keep pointing it out. i bet if they didn't, it wouldn't be on my mind as much.[/quote']

Thank you

The first thing one person said to me is 'oh my god your so thin' People always comment on the fact im stupidly thin and have boobs to big for my body.

yea it gets annoying. to me i take it the same as if someone said "oh my god you're so fat". it's rude. especially with their expressions.

I know this. And thank you. And yet even knowing it the feelings still creep up. Stupid isnt it?

No, it's not stupid, it's human and we've all done at one time or another. Remember that you are the only you there is and to change anything would make you someone else. You are the only one that offers the unique you to the world, nobody else could do that even if they tried.

I just dont see myself as pretty. I dont know why. Probably cos I was bullied at school and dont see anything particularly nice about the way i look.

Yep, I was picked on ALL the time in grade school and junior high for being the short girl with glasses. So when I finally blossomed a bit in college and guys started to tell me I was pretty, I never believed them. To this day, it's so much easier to hear the negative voices in my head!

I just remind myself that it's a package deal. I may not be as pretty as the next girl, but she may not be able to rock at karaoke like me.

Just because someone is pretty, doesn't make them more valuable. Our society does tend to emphasize looks, but that doesn't mean it's right.

One of my favorite quotes, which I say to myself often when I'm feeling down on myself for some reason is: "No one can ever make you feel inferior without your consent."--Eleanor Roosevelt

Your family loves you, and while they may be intrigued by these women because of their looks, that doesn't last.

And--who knows? If you go into it with an open mind, you may really enjoy their company!

Archived