Fitchik
Your Boyfriend Left You - So What?
Your Boyfriend Left You - So What?

So my ex and I broke up a month ago...after 8 yrs...and really want to know what gripes my a$$. My friends! Sure they think they are being helpful but they are wrong as wrong can get.

Let me back up and explain...

My so called girl-friends, believe that the best way for me to get over this man is to find a new one. They continually try to set me, ambush me with their guy "friend" that just happens to show up at the same time I do to hang out...show up at my house with their boytoy...and his friend who she didn't know was going to tag along...but hey, he's cute and I can entertain him. Um, excuse me I don't sleep with strangers just to justify some need I have to reassure myself that I am still attractive!!!

NO!!!! STOP!!!! I'm perfectly capible of finding a man on my own, when I'm ready and the time is right. That may not be for years if you want the truth...I'm closing in on 40 yrs old, and I'm finding myself perfectly happy learning who I am.... ALONE!

Why do my friends insist on this behavior!? Why don't they see that this is making me even more crazy than I already feel!? I tried to talk to them about this..and 1 even got offended...

I'm venting... I'm mad. At a lot of things these days.....

I'm sure their intentions are well meant. Perhaps they feel that you aren't 'serious' when you say that you aren't interested in meeting someone right now. I think from a girlfriends point of view, they just want to see you happy and possibly 'find 'the one'.

Just be stern with them and remind them, you aren't interested in pursuing another man at the moment and when you are ready, you will let them know.

Archived