Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

Avman said religious debates aren't permitted; I don't know if mentioning this series would be one-

KellyLeighC

Avman said "Religious and Political debates aren't permitted", so I don't know if mentioning this series of books would be considered a 'religious' debate or not.

I'm curious about something: Am I the only one on this forum who's read and enjoyed the "Left Behind" series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins? My father started me on the first book; he sent the first five books to me at different times and I bought the rest from there. I got the last book as a Christmas present last year.

Does anyone have a favorite book from the series? I'm listing them below:

1: LEFT BEHIND

2: TRIBULATION FORCE

3: NICOLAE

4: SOUL HARVEST

5: APOLLYON

6: ASSASSINS

7: THE INDWELLING

8: THE MARK

9: DESECRATION

10: THE REMNANT

11: ARMAGEDDON

12: KINGDOM COME

These next three books are the prequel trilogy to the Left Behind series:

THE RISING

THE REGIME

THE RAPTURE

=================================

Who are your favorite characters?

My favorite characters are Rayford Steele, Chloe Steele-Williams, and Buck. I'm not sure which book's my favorite; I think the whole series is great.

I read all of these a long, long time ago. It's probably been 5-6 years I like Nicolae the most, but I also like the Jewish guy that had a big role in Soul Harvest. Idk if I'll read the prequels, but it was pretty well written for the subject matter. Of course, I then realized this guys started an armaggedon watch club and charged a fee to get in on it, so obviously I take it with a grain of salt.

It was interesting, though.

I did read the Left Behind series a few years back. I remember I was at a friends house for the holidays, was kinda bored, picked it off their book shelf, and just started reading. I had no idea the content as I had never heard about the series.

I finshed the first book in like a day and a half and I was hooked. Usually finished each book in under two days!

I think out of all of them, the first book, was my fav and sometime during the series I was considering going to church!

Funny thing is I was thinking a couple of weeks ago about re-reading the series!

Archived