LC Dates

martin6565

Nothing expensive, and somewhere that promotes conversation (X to the movies). Maybe the mall, coffee, a movie at yours or hers place.

If you're gut is telling you to do that, then go with it. Just keep in mind that sometimes things we think will WOW them or make them really think, sometimes backfire on us.

Do what you think is right, you know her better than anyone on here. Those were just my suggestions, so you have an opportunity to show her the new you.

I agree. Don't wow her. I can tell you a story about me making that mistake. I thought I was going to be able to win my ex back on my b-day if I planned this huge elaborate date, romantic and blah blah blah, and that I would wow him and he would feel some kind of birthday magic and we'd be together, lol. The only "wow" that was said was from me saying "WOW I can't believe I had my hopes up so high for THIS!" NOTHING changed, and I ended up just hurting my own self when my stupid fantasy didn't come true.

Take her on a regular date. Like, coffee, casual bar, quick meal and happy hour, that kind of thing. Regular every day stuff.

I just had a date with the ex yesterday. Well, it was the second one since the breakup, which occurred 2 weeks tomorrow. Our first time meeting after the breakup was 4 days post breakup. It did not go so well. I could not hold back my feelings and boy did I scare her!

Last night, I took her to dinner and didn't aim to WOW her. I was calm, cool, collected, fun, confident, relaxed, attentive to her, sweet, aloof and above all else independent and secure in myself. I enjoyed her company and treated her like a friend and it made her very comfortable with me and I pleased about that.

My friends, if someone breaks up with you, PLEASE, tell them you understand WHY they are doing so. Do NOT pour on the guilt. Do NOT try and change their minds. BACK AWAY IMMEDIATELY. Allow some regret on their part to build. Let them doubt their decision, by you NOT being their face. Let them breathe. Give a little bit. Ask NOTHING of them and pull away. Keep this up and you will see them grow more and more confused as time goes by, which is a good thing. Show them you are independent and that you can survive without them, but don't give up full. Just go in slowly and be a friend. If their are STILL feelings there, they WILL resurface once the CORE issue for the breakup is visibly worked out.

PEACE.

Archived