Clingy

liquer
#RELATIONSHIPGOALS. WHY YOUR MAN PU...
#RELATIONSHIPGOALS. WHY YOUR MAN PULLS AWAY

I think both men and women can be clingy. I have read enough threads on here which have shown the clinginess of some men, and have also seen relationships where the man was quite clingy. In general, however, I agree with liquer that women tend to be more clingy as many are already planning in their mind, their wedding with a person they just started dating.

I think both men and women can be clingy. I have read enough threads on here which have shown the clinginess of some men, and have also seen relationships where the man was quite clingy. In general, however, I agree with liquer that women tend to be more clingy as many are already planning in their mind, their wedding with a person they just started dating.

He never said that, it was me....lol

And I agree....first date and some women are hearing wedding bells and the pitter patter of tiny feet.

Not for me though...I just aint a domesticated Goddess.

I dated a clingy guy once, though I've never dated a clingy girl. That probably has more to do with the fact I don't date girls...

You could look in up in psychology journals & see if anyone has performed a study on which sex is more dependent in relationships. Those are usually more reliable than a poll because they try to get a variety of samples. That is, if you were really curious of the answer vs sparking a conversation & hearing other people's opinions.

Indeed....and men online who say they love you and want to marry you and two weeks after knowing you and without ever having met!

PMSL!

Never mind men online, I have seen countless stories on this forum where women have met the guy through other methods and there he was declaring undying love and talking marriage in the first few weeks...then the woman is left reelling when the guy whistles a different tune in a few months and starts fading out. However, that is not really clinginess...that is more like feeding BS in order to woo and get an ego boost....or it is in love with the notion of being in love and the guy gets carried away.

Women. They are the ones looking for marriage and kids....

Not saying all, but for a lot it is the 'be all and end all' of their lives.

People always say this, but I really wonder.

All the guys I dated seriously wanted to marry me. This wasn't just casual talk about "some day," this was rings and proposals and meeting the parents and wanting to set a date. They were also almost obsessed with thoughts about having kids.

They were great guys, "good catches" you might say, but I wasn't ready to get married yet. I wanted to see the world first, if I could find a way to do it.

I have a brother who's married and he's the one who was anxious to get married and have kids. She was reluctant and waited a long time and had to be talked into it gradually. He wanted three kids, she said absolutely no way, one or two at most.

Maybe it's just my social group, but this situation is true for many of my friends also. It's the guy who was anxious to marry and have children, moreso than the women.

Because of this, I've always wondered if it was a stereotype. Certainly in the past women wanted to marry. They had to. They had no way to make a living wage and they couldn't have sex or children (without destroying their reputations) unless they were married so, for many, it was their only option. But women have birth control now. They have more options.

I suspect the desire to marry and have children is more individual than gender-based.

I think clingy can come accross from both genders in different ways. Jealousy can cause clinginess as can a desire for commitment, personal insecurity causes it as well. These are things that both genders experience.

completely agree. quite a few of the guys that i have attracted have been more clingy that i've ever been. i've always been really independent and happy on my own.

Archived