Does not going make me a bad person?

Ok so its my siblings award night, I really dont want to go and see my old highschool teachers or even some students that were in my grade who happen to be there for their siblings or what not, I was never invited to these nights as I was just an average student, who stuggled to make As.

My sister always gets invited to them, so far Ive been able to make excuses such as work and going out in order not to go, but Im free tonight and my mum thinks I should go along with them.

How do I swallow my pride and go... how can I go and pretend its not bothering me? I know its so silly that its bothering me, but I cant help it.:splat:

I would go if it were me. It's one night out of your life and it's important to your family...the place itself may have caused you pain, but your sister was not a part of that. Also, going back may help you to let some of that pain go if you go with the attitude that anything negative that happened at high school belongs in the past and is no longer important.

They say that pride is a sign or foolish person.

I dont blame you for not wanting to go. I know how you feel. It kills you and eats you up inside. You worked so hard to get the grades that you got yet never were acknowledged in any way. However, for your sister it comes much easier.

I hate things like that as well. It makes me judge myself and see how such a loser I am really am. In all honesty, I am a loser. I feel like crap when I'm there and when I get home and for the next soo long. I hate it.

I tend to go especially for my sister. I go just cause I love her and just be to be there for her but that the only reason I go. Just to show her how proud of her I am. I just try to suck it in as much as possible.

Archived