Men, why I won't date you

Tethys

I know this is thread is going to me a lot of crap, but I was inspired to write this from another board.

Men looking for women under 25, this is not for you!

Mainly, I want to hear from men my age and women who have experienced what I have experienced.

I got divorced at the age of 33 -- like most, I made a mistake and got married too young. I found myself thrust into the dating world. However I took care of myself -- I was slim and pretty.

And, well, to be honest, I did not find most men my age and older attractive. Most men let themselves go -- they don't take care of themselves like women do, and they get fat in the gut, and take on this kind of waddling gait. Or they lose all their hair (forgivable).. or they had huge wrinkles from not using sunscreen and not washing their faces.

I don't want to be mean, but yeah, most don't take care of themselves, yet still demand youth and beauty from their women! Really, I am not hating on men here, but most men over the age of 35 look like crap-- unless they are gay or movie stars or the rare hetero man who takes care of himself. Oh, and that rare hetero man who has taken care of himself? He only dates women under 25. Hmmph.

So, what is a pretty, slim, attractive 33-year-old supposed to do? She dates younger men. And isn't that a minefield waiting to happen?

Hey guys -- what am I supposed to do here? Not date? Or give into all those younger men begging me for a date and (gasp) even a relationship? At this point I don't even trust a man who's okay-looking and over 30!

So -- here it is to get back to the Subject Title -- I only will date men between 25 and 30, and the rest of ya are s*t outta luck! 25 is a nice age and the men look good. By 30, they still care and are willing to date an older woman. After that -- I won't date you, and I suppose if you knew my age you would not date me either!

Thoughts? Esp women in my position?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm 31, so am I allowed to reply to your thread? I take pretty good care of myself, most of the time. I see people of all ages who take care of themselves and people of all ages who do not.

I see a lot of women who take care of themselves.

Why are you so angry at men over 25?

Perhaps that is because I am NOT angry. Why do you assume that?

I didn't assume it, I perceived it. The overall tone in your opening post is anger at men in your own age bracket for not taking better care of themselves physically. At least that's how I read it.

Interesting topic. I will say that I think if a man wrote, "Women over 30 look like crap" that he'd be getting a TON of flack for it on these boards. But hey, I'm over 30, and I think the sentiment is so absurd that it doesn't bother me in the least. It just makes for good conversation.

I will say that your take is rather impermanent though. You're 33. You're getting old fast, and those stellar looks you sport right now have a very limited shelf life. Who knows your personal DD calendar? 36? 38? 44? It's only a matter of time before your own clock winds down, and all those 25 year old men you fancy and play cougar to start calling you "ma'am" and inquiring whether you might have a daughter.

I'm really just saying that your perception is pretty limiting, and isn't going to suit you very well for very long. You're going to be forced to change that take in no time.

I don't want to be mean, but yeah, most don't take care of themselves, yet still demand youth and beauty from their women! Really, I am not hating on men here, but most men over the age of 35 look like crap

I think this statement is why people think you are angry.

I didn't assume it, I perceived it. The overall tone in your opening post is anger at men in your own age bracket for not taking better care of themselves physically. At least that's how I read it.

No, I am not angry at men -- just stating a fact. Most women in my age bracket look better than men in the same bracket. It's just an observation.

I looked at people I was in HS with and I was all, whoah, really?

Again I am not angry. Why are people reading that in?

I perceived that you were angry from your post by the use of exclamation points at the end of some bold statements.

I don't really have an opinion on the topic, since I'm much much younger and have no experience with dating outside of high school and college, but I too sensed a lot of anger -- just agreeing with the other posters.

No, I am not angry at men -- just stating a fact. Most women in my age bracket look better than men in the same bracket. It's just an observation.

I looked at people I was in HS with and I was all, whoah, really?

Perhaps it's the crowd you run with. 90% of the people I hang with keep themselves in uber shape and tend to look much younger then their calendar age. And in general, I find that women put on weight in their 30s to a much higher degree then men do. So I'm not sure where you're "collecting your date", but perhaps it's a rather isolated sample?

I perceived that you were angry from your post by the use of exclamation points at the end of some bold statements.

I don't really have an opinion on the topic, since I'm much much younger and have no experience with dating outside of high school and college, but I too sensed a lot of anger -- just agreeing with the other posters.

I will watch my exclamation marks! Oh wait oops.. I mean. Period.

haha! What you should really do is post this on one of the threads where people are trying to convince men who know better that looks are not important to women!! This'll pour some cold ice on that theory, especially seeing as poeple seem convinced women put less value on looks the older they get!

haha! What you should really do is post this on one of the threads where people are trying to convince men who know better that looks are not important to women!! This'll pour some cold ice on that theory, especially seeing as poeple seem convinced women put less value on looks the older they get!

everyone has a 'looks' limit. i don't care who you are. you can try and bs and talk me out of that all day.

No, I am not angry at men -- just stating a fact.

No. You are stating an opinion. Not a fact

It's just an observation.

At best - this is your personal sample, which may/may not apply to other people who have different social spheres, lives in different cultures etc.

There is a lot more to attractiveness than just the “look”.

Look is going to fade away.

How do you a relationship at the age of 65 – 70. That is a crucial time when you really need someone by your side. How would you define a look then?

I understand that look is important however it’s not everything.

There is no harm in dating younger guys as long as you think alike.

Not to point out the obvious but I think people think you are angry because your post sounds very angry. But anyways, I'm not sure that I really get the logic of limiting yourself to this age group. This is what I have come to understand your conditions to be: most men over 30 are ugly so you wouldnt want to date them, most men that are good looking over 30 and hetero will not date you. So are you not dating hetero good looking guys over 30 for what reason? The way you have worded it makes it just sound like you are not dating them because they won't date you?! What is it that you don't trust in one of these guys if they were willing to date you that would prevent you from even considering them in the first place...

Archived