I'm Finally Happy

Amore

Good afternoon eNotAlone! I hope this post isn't seen as 'bragging' or anything of the sort, as I know a lot of people here are going through a lot of pain atm.

I'm finally in a good place in my life. My first year of college was absolute hell. I chose the university I'm currently at solely to be with my high school sweetheart, who ended up completely crushing me, breaking my heart, and then trying to get with my roommate. I lost my friends from home since they were still friends with my ex, and didn't understand that I couldn't hang out with them when he was there because I needed time away from him to heal. I also lost my group of friends from college since one of my guy friends fell in love with me, and became incredibly abusive and violent when I told him that I wasn't interested in having sex/a relationship with him. My grandmother also passed away during this time, and it was the first time I lost someone who I was close to. My grades slipped as I struggled, and although I've always been a straight-A student, I wasn't able to complete the semester. I fell into depression, developed a serious eating disorder, and generally just felt like there was no point in life anymore.

I can say that's all in the past now. 6 months later, and I'm finally COMPLETELY over the ex, I go days without even thinking of him, and I'm completely indifferent as to how he's living his life. I've reconnected with my college friends, and the guy who was once angry at me for rejecting him is finally starting to be friendly and close to me again. I'm in love with an amazing guy, although I was very unhappy with the relationship in the first few months, we've finally opened up to each other and gotten a lot closer over the past couple of weeks. I'm able to hug my two absolute best friends good night every day, and I've finally found a balance between being close to them as well as maintaining a relationship with my boyfriend (my best friends are two guys who also live with my boyfriend). With the encouragement of my boyfriend and my family, I finally saw a therapist for my depression and eating disorder, and I can say that recovery has been a great success thus far. As a result, I changed my college major from business (something that completely bored me) to psychology, and I'm so excited to be pursuing a career path where I can help people who suffer from similar problems that I once did.

I'm just so thankful for everything I have in my life right now. If I can go from absolute rock bottom to where I am now, ANYONE can. I have faith in everyone here

Never give up, eNotAlone

Archived