He doesn't want to know me anymore. Is this fair?

skyblue1

Hi,

Haven't posted for a while as i've been trying to not come online as much.

I am really upset about a situation that happened.

Where do i start?

This guy approached me on Facebook over a month ago. We sent e-mails nearly every day - the emails where in depth and serious. We got to know eachother very very well. He basically said he was looking for something serious so was i. He said he really likes e-mailing me and he attracted to me. The craziest thing happened and we both found out we both know the same person, he is very good friends with my brothers girlfriend, but the problem is my family don't speak to her anymore and she doesn't come into the house because she woke up my dad at 3 in the morning, she was arguing and screaming her head off in my house, so my dad told her to get out and never to come back and she never used to say hello to my family. My dad had work the next day and he isn't the sort of person that would get angry. My family haven't seen her for 5 years even though my mum and sister still buys her xmas presents. I even called her when the argement happened to see how she was.

Anway me and this guy were meant to meet this week. Everything was cool but i found out he deleted himself from facebook as he has two facebooks but i don't know the other one as he uses for work. I was shocked!

Then he emails me on my private e-mail saying that he spoke to my brothers girlfriend and she sounded awkward about him meeting me because my family don't speak to her. Here is the e-mail -

Hey i just had a conversation with ---- and kinda mentioned that i was talking to you, i thought maybe i could get some extra info from her before i met you, cheeky i know....i kinda sensed some awkwardness and she didnt really say much, which isnt like her at all!! She just said do what you like and that was about it really, she didnt say anything about you. I thought about it and realised why she might be like that, and realised it is a bit odd her mate meeting her boyfriends sister who she doesnt talk to anymore. It is serious when you think about it and must be kinda weird for her, it is for me now after that conversation. Anyways i dont want to cause any aggrovation and am going to stay out of it as i think its the right thing to do and dont want to waste your time, shame really. It was nice knowing you xxx

We sent a few emails and thats it. What do you think? Will he maybe reliaze he is being silly or does he mean it?

Plus he said if we hit it off he would want to intrudce me to his family and friends and vise versa, so he feel it will be awkward.

Thanks

well i can understand his decision to a point but its his love life, not his friends. Im sure he just wants to respect the fact that he doesnt wanna take sides or get involved in family drama so that you gotta give him but on the other hand, if you havent written him back, let him know how you feel about it and at the end put the ball in his court with something like "hope this blows over and we will have a chance to meet. It has been a pleasure and i will miss talking to you". and just leave it at that to see if he comes around.

sounds like he's moving on. why you so concerned with a guy you didn't know much?

Because he sound like a nice guy and we got on pretty well through e-mail. I don;'t understand why he would not want to get to know me instead of his friend inflencing the situation.

well i can understand his decision to a point but its his love life, not his friends. Im sure he just wants to respect the fact that he doesnt wanna take sides or get involved in family drama so that you gotta give him but on the other hand, if you havent written him back, let him know how you feel about it and at the end put the ball in his court with something like "hope this blows over and we will have a chance to meet. It has been a pleasure and i will miss talking to you". and just leave it at that to see if he comes around.

I have e-mailed him back expressing how i feel about it and he hasn;t even given me a chance. Very angry about this

If his priority was something or someone else this early on what makes you think it wouldn't happen again later on in the relationship if you'd had one? I think you were fortunate to find out early that he would put other things ahead of your relationship. People don't need reasons for doing what they do because often they are little more than justifications anyway. Look at it this way, he did what he wanted to do instead of what you wanted him to do. Your best course of action is to accept it.

I have e-mailed him back expressing how i feel about it and he hasn;t even given me a chance. Very angry about this

You're totally adorable and his excuse seems lame.

I bet there is more to the situation and he isn't being forthcoming.

You're hot, move on.

Thank you

Maybe my brothers girlfriend prob lied about me We used to get on though

I can imagine she made herself look good and you/your family look bad.

He's known her longer & listened to her.

Unfair of him. Either way he's losing out.

Now go look for other cute, fun guys !

I can imagine she made herself look good and you/your family look bad.

He's known her longer & listened to her.

Unfair of him. Either way he's losing out.

Now go look for other cute, fun guys !

I have no choice but to move on. He can't make up his own mind

He did make up his mind already. He could've met you and given you a chance.

Instead he played it safe to keep her as a friend.

His words where your lovely but my friends are too. I never had a problem with her at all. He could have but doesn;t want to - i can send you the emails me and him sent eachother if you like on PM? I keep on thinking about this and its really affecting me.

His words where your lovely but my friends are too. I never had a problem with her at all. He could have but doesn;t want to - i can send you the emails me and him sent eachother if you like on PM? I keep on thinking about this and its really affecting me.

Hey I understand how you can WANT to just move on, but you need to process it all first...

Sure you can PM me.

How To Say Goodbye To The Past And ...
How To Say Goodbye To The Past And Make A Fresh Start

Archived