X-Mas gifting

thebunny21

Hi all--

I'm not the best at getting Christmas presents and I pretty much have everyone covered except for my dad's girlfriend...

She's really into fashion and I have a $50 spending limit. She's getting me an iPod Touch for Christmas and I can't not get her a gift. But I don't know where to start... Blah!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions???

Is she into anything else apart from fashion?

You could do a joint present for her and dad: romantic dinner at a restaurant in your neighborhood.

There is a TON of sales on make-up right now - you could get a set of lipsticks if you felt comfortable enough picking a color she would like.

Do you know her style well, or know her favorite store? You could go to her favorite store and have someone there help you pick out a top. With all the sales right now I'm sure you can find something cute under $50.

Is she into anything else apart from fashion?

You could do a joint present for her and dad: romantic dinner at a restaurant in your neighborhood.

There is a TON of sales on make-up right now - you could get a set of lipsticks if you felt comfortable enough picking a color she would like.

Do you know her style well, or know her favorite store? You could go to her favorite store and have someone there help you pick out a top. With all the sales right now I'm sure you can find something cute under $50.

That is true. She likes sweaters and plain tops. She works for Michael Kors, but he tends to be a little pricey, which sucks, because I know how much she likes him. I'm not good with make up, and I don't want to do a gift card. She's weird with clothing... ACK!!!

Does she like candles? Personally I think they are completely useless, BUT they seem to be pretty in these days. You can get some really gorgeous candles that work well as decorative pieces. I know Anthropologie has some nice ones ...

Personally I would try to buy something, as I do think it is more personal than a gift card, but gift receipts are a must!

I don't think she will be offended that you are only spending $50 - she knows how much you can afford!

Also, another idea, perhaps a little awkward for dad's girlfriend but ...

Hanky Panky makes the BEST most comfortable undies - lace thongs. One costs 18$ and you can get very pretty gift sets for $54. Every woman I know who has tried them LOVES them. But, like I said, perhaps a little uncomfortable for your dad's girlfriend.

I know you didn't want to get her a gift card & you already bought her gift, but if you need to buy for anyone else I've got a couple suggestions. I always get my stepmom a gift card to Starbucks. She loves that stuff but sometimes it's hard justifying a $4 cup of coffee. This way she can do it guilt-free!

I also got this box you hang on the wall from Walmart. It holds pictures in the front & when you open it it's a jewelry box! I got it for my stepmom, then she told me she'd like a Starbucks card so now I'm trying to think of who else would like it!

Archived