Who do I choose?

Casey-Rae

First off I'm sorry I haven't posted much for ages, I've been busy with things.

Okay, I'm kind of torn between these two guys, and I barely even know one of them but I don't know what to do.

It's ridiculous...I met them both at college. The first one was in one of my classes, so I did notice him on the second day there but didn't talk to him until a couple of months ago when we were put on a table together for a few weeks. Even though I've been shy in every other seating plan we've had in that class, he managed to get me talking to him within a couple of days. We're good friends now, and we've been flirting a bit in this past week or so, but I can't decide whether we'd work as a couple.

On one hand, we're different on a lot of things (I'm a non-practicing Christian, he's atheist. I've lived a sheltered life and do what I'm told, he doesn't listen to a word that authority figures tell him, I try to treat people as I wish to be treated and he enjoys winding people up etc), but on the other hand there's just something about him...he's helping me to be more confident with new people, he makes it his priority to keep me safe when we're out together and he's making a massive effort to get along with one of my best friends, since they got off on the wrong foot. And when I put it like that I wonder why I'm worrying so much about this.

Meanwhile, there's another guy who I met last week the once, and I have a massive crush on him. He's very physically attractive (not usually an issue if people have personality to back it up, but I think this guy is absolutely gorgeous), and judging from the people he hangs around with and his clothes he's into the same bands and stuff as me-stupid, but since music means so much to me it helps if I have that much in common with a person. I haven't had a chance to talk to him much and find out more about him yet (I don't even know if he's single or not), but I'm meeting him tomorrow so I'll tell you all how it goes.

I guess what I'm asking is...who do I go for? I wouldn't normally worry, but since I've been flirting with my friend for a bit I'm scared I'll have to choose soon.

I think you're probably right...I've got a horrible feeling that I ended up liking my friend because I wanted to have somebody to like. And I'm pretty sure he likes me now so...I wonder how I can tone things down. I don't want to lead him on or anything, I just don't know how to turn him down...

Which one will probably end up near you when you are all finished with college? Do any of them plan on living where you plan to live when you graduate?

It doesn't sound like you are very involved with any of them. Which one seems the most into you? It seems like you don't really know the first & last one much. Are you sure either of them are even single?

I don't know the second one very well at all-we've been paired up as part of an AimHigher scheme, so we'll be meeting up once a week for that but that's about it so far...I don't know if he's single or not, and I don't know where he's going for uni (yet). However he's in the year above me, so he'll be leaving for uni next year anyway.

Meanwhile, the first guy seems to like me quite a bit. He's not yet reached best guy friend status, but we do talk and visit each other a lot outside college. I know for a fact he's single and we'll be leaving for uni at the same time-we'll be pretty close to each other, if not at the same uni (depending on my final decision).

Archived