For those of you whom have been following my story:

I broke the NC rule this weekend. I went out with the guys Friday night and she sends a text to my phone asking waht was I doing tonight..I text her back, "out with the guys", she texts back, "where", I textd her the club I was at..After that I didn't hear from her for 30 minutes, but then I get a phone call from her saying she was in route to my location. After we got off the phone she texts me, "do you not want me to come", I textd her back, "yea I want you to come".... I was sitting at a table with the guys just talking about the upcoming football game (Dallas V Pittsburgh) when she shows up at me table... She gives me a VERY LONG and embracing hug and 2 pats on the back. I guess that meant she missed me and I missed her. We were cuddly together, we kept hugging each other and I told her I couldn't kiss her though. I sat on the barstool and she came and sat inbetween me, falling into my arms. After about 30 minutes, she hung out with her girlfriends and I hungout with the fellas. So there was plenty of space and I wasn't being clingy.. Then I saw this guy hitting on her and he was following her. I was frustrated and furious because there was nothing I could do about it, because I was giving her space. After about 15 minutes or so, I started to get really angry, and I smashed an ash try with my fist. She saw that I was upset and came over there and asked what's wrong. I told her that I didn't know what to do and she asked what I meant. I told her that I had strong emotions for her and I was just contemplating of letting her go, but I couldn't and that I needed to think. She replied by saying, give her her space and I said fine. And I tell a friend that was with her that if she did anything with that guy, that I was DONE with her. I was going to man up and move on. An hour later, my night was pretty much ruined and I decided to leave. before leaving i told her to please do not contact me because I needed space to MYSELF and I had some thinking to do. She became upset.. After I get home, I send her a text pretty much letting her know I felt and that if needed I was ready to move on... The next morning one of my buddies said that the guy backed off b/c she didn't show interest in him. I didn't hear from her Saturday, but on Sunday she calls. She's says she know I told her not to contact me, but she wanted to talk to me. She told me, that she wasn't talking to any other guys and I told her that I believed and trusted her. She also, explained to me in detail about why she broke up with me. She said she wasn't ready for a relationship b/c she's trying to get her life together and don't have time for a guy right now. She said she signed up for her G.E.D class (6 month course) to get her G.E.D because she wanted a better job and she wanted to save up for a car. I told her that was good and I told her that I wanted her to know that'll be there for her and if she ever needed anything, I was here..She said she was here for me too.....

She called me again the same night just to hold a conversation with me, but I kept it short and then told her I was watching a movie and that I would give her a call later....

I don't want to lose this girl and I know if I bring up the "R" word, it'll scare her away. My plan was to avoid the out of sight out of mind fallocy by keeping in consistent contact with her maybe going out a few times a/month.

I really don't know what do now except what I just mentioned.

What should I expect from her? Is she better as a Memory? I want to wait for her.....How do I let her know that It'll make me upset if she dates another guy? Do you even think she'll date another guy...Why is it so hard for a woman with a kid to be in a relationship and focus on her life at the same time. Could she be stringing me alone in case she finds someone better? I need a woman's perspective.

She told you to give her space. That's exactly what I would do. There seems to be some feeling left on her end, but I think maybe right now she wants to have her cake and eat it too. Regardless, I would say NC is your best bet, and just let her go. The fact that you became so visibly angry when another guy was hitting on her clearly shows you don't need to be around her right now. Get away from her, work on yourself, and let the relationship go. If she wanted to be with you, she would be. Waiting never brings people back.

Archived