Should I call him?

renaissancewoman101

Yesterday, at the festival, I got to talking to one of the guys there. I could tell that he had an attraction to me. He kinda followed me around the festival. We chatted a few times. I gave him my number and he gave me his number. He then texted me a msg with his number too. He asked me if I was free today since he wanted to hang out. I told him that I had fighter practice but maybe after practice we could hang out and chat, but that I would call him.

I did text him last night that I had fun hanging out with him and hoped to see him soon. He texted me back saying he had a good time and he'd talk to me later

Fighter practicer lasted a few hours and then I went out for a late lunch with the whole group and just got back home about an hour ago. So, hanging out with him is now out of the question.

Should I call him since I said to him I would call him today, or just wait for him to call me. I probably shouldn't have texted him last night.

It's nice to have someone attracted to me somewhat. Just not sure how to proceed. If this goes nowhere, I won't be hurt either though, because although the interest is there, it's not as intense as other previous interests I have had.

Call or wait and see?

Although texting is so cool and hip now, something about texting to a dating interest early on, rubs me the wrong way. I think old school is better initially, so I would side with phoning. I also am a stickler with ppl actually doing what they say they will do, and I hold myself to the same standard, so I would say, at least call him today, as you said you would, and explain that you wanted to hang out with him, but time go the best of you...at least you would still be acknowledging him this way...

I'm afraid to call him because I texted him last night and told him that I had a good time and hope to see him soon, and he didn't bring up again about today. He just said that he hoped I had a good evening and talk at me later!

I've always been told it isn't good to call guys.

Hmm, if you were the last to text i'm kind of on the fence about saying to call him, but i don't guess it would hurt anything. Just make sure you are not the only one following up if it progresses.

I am a big fan of protocol on this early on. If i was the last to text i like to wait for the next person to text back before sending one....

JS, I see you point and agree with you there. If I hadn't texted him last night, I wouldn't mind calling him today.

But then I also told him yesterday I would give him a call after fencing practice was done and see if we could hang out in the evening, but I ended up going out to eat with the fencers and it dragged on until evening and now hanging out is out of the question.

But then I also told him yesterday I would give him a call after fencing practice was done and see if we could hang out in the evening, but I ended up going out to eat with the fencers and it dragged on until evening and now hanging out is out of the question.
This is why you should call him. You said you would and if you don't he will think you just blew him off.

JS, I see you point and agree with you there. If I hadn't texted him last night, I wouldn't mind calling him today.

Go ahead and call him, but then moving forward if it is his turn, just wait and see how it turns out. If there is real interest he will call or text back. You have nothing to lose at this point by calling.

Yes, he called and he apologized for not calling me back since he got busy with having to set up something this afternoon. He told me he didn't want me to think he was ignoring me . He wants to go out tomorrow for dinner. BTW, I realize he knows a lot of people I know from the fencing group

This should be interesting.

In a way I'm glad I waited for him to call. In a way I feel sheepish for thinking worse case scenario

Well, I met up with him yesterday and we went out for dinner, but then he told me he was a swinger and about his lifestyle and stuff. He is a nice guy and he was very open and honest about his lifestyle and preferences. He is looking to date but with someone who would be open to going to swinger-type parties and be interested in the swinger lifestyle

That creeped me out a bit. We did hang out and talk after dinner (he is an interesting guy), but I'm not pursuing this.

Another one down and this time it's someone I met while being involved in a social activity.

I'm not sure why, but I tend to attract weird people.

I'm a bit upset with myself for seeming to attract guys who are so odd. I wish I could find some guy who is interested in a "normal" relationship.

The guy I do like from fencing, I am pretty sure he is NOT interested in me, except as friends, and his religious discussions are a bit odd (he is quite conservative about a lot of things).

Back to the drawing board.

aw ren. as they say, in dating, 'what's not fruits and nuts are flakes.' at least he was honest and you found out about his lifestyle choices on the first date, and not the 8th month of dating or whatever. hugs. it sucks to get your hopes up and then watch them get dashed. hang in there, ok?

aw ren. as they say, in dating, 'what's not fruits and nuts are flakes.' at least he was honest and you found out about his lifestyle choices on the first date, and not the 8th month of dating or whatever. hugs. it sucks to get your hopes up and then watch them get dashed. hang in there, ok?

Annie, I'm doing ok. A bit disappointed but that's to be expected. I don't know how else to approach dating except the way I've been doing it, where I go out to events, meet people, continue my hobbies, etc.

I just find it a bit eerie to meet someone through a hobby of mines and he turns out to be a bit on the "odd" side. I can see meeting "odd" people through online dating, but this is a bit much.

I also seem to attract OR be attracted to "odd" people.

Besides what I am doing now (getting involved in hobbies), I don't know how else to meet guy except maybe to do online dating again (which I don't really care for)

Any suggestions

i dunno ren. i think it could just be bad luck too. i think it's great that you went out and are doing all these hobbies and meeting new people. clearly, guys are responding to it!!! well, this guy isn't all THAT weird. it is an alternative lifestyle, some people are into, but most are not. on the plus side, i think it's great he told you straight away.

hang in there!!!

He Called Me My Love [DECODED]
He Called Me My Love [DECODED]

Archived