intense and confused.

.piper.

I met a new guy last weekend at a bar. I gave him my number and he texted me the next afternoon. Since then we have been together pretty much every day. I've stayed at his house most days (maybe 7 of the last 8).

When I am with him I enjoy it so much. When he calls me I get butterflies and I cannot wait to see him. He gives me good vibes and I think he likes me. He is always kissing me on the forehead or just touching me. He keeps saying that I blow his mind but nothing futher about feelings.

I know things are moving very fast, we never did talk about what was going on, its only been just over a week. But I've spent more time with him this week than others I have dated for a month.

When I don't hear from him, for example, I left his house today around 4 and he said he would call me later and it is almost bedtime and I have not heard from him yet. I just sent him a text because I did leave something at his house that I need to pick up tomorrow but I never got a response. I feel upset. I know its not right to feel upset. I'm not sure what to do.

I have never felt these feelings so strong before. I've never wanted to be with someone so much.

Do you think I will feel better once we talk about what is going on? I almost feel like crying right now because I havent heard from him. Why am I feeling like this and what can I do about it?????

Hey piper,

I think that you got attached too fast, and that is why you are upset. The relationship is almost moving faster than it actually develops. If you've spend so many days together, it's almost like you came back from another reality when you come home, isn't it? I think you just need some time to think and some space to breathe and so does he. No biggie. Do you desperately need those things or were they merely a reason to go back to his place?

While it sounds like you def have intense feelings for this guy, i think you gut is stepping in and bringing cause for you to question the speed of things right now and rightfully so. Keep in mind, that things will move only as fast as you allow...so basically you can slow this down at anytime. You do not have to be a bystander watching this happen - might be wise to slow it down a bit...

Looks like your heart has a very big lead on your mind. This can be dangerous because your vision can get a little blurry and you might not see any red flags.

You feel bad because you have expected something and it hasn't happened and you are worried and hurt. Think of it this way. What if your best friend called you and explained this to you. What would you think? Try and step back a little and think thru what is going on. The honeymoon phase is great but you need to leave the room once and a while if you know what I mean.

arwen is right. Slow down a little and if it is real he will be there. Having it happen so fast can be scary to some people. Take a breathe and get your mind off it a little.

lost

Here's the thing. You jumped right into this, without even really knowing anything about him. It's called infatuation. And its an awesome feeling! But, these things tend to burn out as quickly as they formed.

You don't know if he's married, has a GF who's been out of town, etc., so who knows where he has gone and why he's not calling.

It's been my experience that it's never a good idea to start sleeping with a guy so soon, and certainly before you have a talk about exclusivity or expectations. For all you know, he may have considered this a hot fling! Which would suck. Im not going to lecture you, as you are a smart young woman, but just try to put your feet on the ground. Im sure after a solid week together, he just needs some alone time.

Do you think I will feel better once we talk about what is going on?

No. If you want to keep him interested and have some control stop contacting him immediatley. Do not bring up the subject.

I almost feel like crying right now because I havent heard from him. Why am I feeling like this and what can I do about it?????

Just deal with it in private. Its ok to feel horrible for now...but in the future you are going to have to show some poise/steadiness if you want to be in a successful relationship... When he calls make like you weren't waiting for his call...don't pick it up the first time in fact.

Attraction grows in space. If you stay calm you can switch things around...if you pressure him he's heading for the hills...

Thanks for the advise guys.

Its just so odd for me to feel this way about someone. I've been in several serious relationships in the past but have never felt like this before. I am not a jealous person at all, I am usually easy going when it comes to relationships but this one really got me.

I should say that he is the one to contact me and ask me to go to a movie, go on a date etc for the past week. So I guess when I don't hear from him for a night I get woried because I think he is not interested anymore. You guys are right, I do not know him. We are from a small place so I'm fairly certain he doesnt have a gf or is married. I met his sister and her bf.

He is four years younger than me as well so I think I have doubts in my head that this will work anyway becasue he is not ready for this (I am 26 and he is 22). The old me would of probably ended things when I found out his age but like the said the connection is intense.

I guess the best thing to do is try and keep busy?

Looks like a nice guy!

Yups you need something to occupy your head other than him..

Take it easy, from what i understand, it seems, since you got attached so fast, you will let go of him pretty soon.I hope you don't but i have seen such cases before and none of them succeded .So, its a sure red flag

Now i don't wanna discourage you or anything, but i want you to do a thorough introspection, seek professional help if your feelings don't ease up.No more broken hearts please.Good Luck!

Archived