Gift idea's for X-mas. Are cooking gifts bad?

brahman

Okay, so I have heard that getting a girl a vacuum cleaner for a present is a bad idea. But if you were a mom with a kitchen full of crappy old pots and pans, would you be upset if you got an entire pots and pans set that was "quality" for x-mas. Or what if every kitchen knife you owned came from the Dollar Tree? Would you turn down and set of "quality" knives? just a question to the stay at home moms out there. If you don't have kids, no offense, but please don't answer.

can i be brutally honest, from experience, A BIG NO WAY!!! i got my ex ex ex from time ago, a nice tefal non stick pan, i ended up with it accross my head, so unless you want to be nursing a different type of hangover on xmas morning, then i suggest small pieces of jewelery etc or something that cannot hurt!!!

jahur of the uk!!

No because if you're a mom, cooking is a chore even if you like cooking it's still something you 'have' to do not something you do because you just feel like it. If you want to get her new pans do so but it shouldn't be for christmas!! (Plus in a way it's kind of a criticism saying that her pots aren't good enough.) (Unless she actually says without joking that she wants new pots. But even then perhaps get her something extra to put inside those pots.)

(Unless she actually says without joking that she wants new pots. But even then perhaps get her something extra to put inside those pots.)

She has actually made comments saying hers were terrible. She makes the comments all the time.

I guess I am one of the few gals that actually loves gifts like this. I just received a brand new set of Paula Deen cookware as a gift and couldn't be more thrilled. I love any kind of kitchen gadgets but again, I don't think this is the norm.

If she has mentioned that her pans are not in the greatest condition and she hasn't purchased any herself, then I don't see why she wouldn't appreciate the gesture.

hmm as a mother who is always cooking for my kid, the last thing i would want too see is a set of pots for xmas, but if shes into that and has made comments in the past about her pots maybe its not a bad idea, not sure that would be good for christmas though. id rather get something like that for a birthday. hmm. not sure.

Ok I'm no mom, so feel free to disregard. But.. If I where big into cooking YES, I'd definitly appreciate some high quality cook ware. I'd rather have the kitchen knives or something more out of the ordinary to be honest.

Lately I've been wishing my bf will get me a sewing machine for Xmas, b/c I reallly have a passion for that type of stuff.

A fancy new vacuum cleaner would be great too. Just make sure it's something she reallllly needs and it's something you don't get just anywhere. It should be some special cooking pans IMO which have some cool/usefull feature and she'll surely treasure it.

Archived