my neighbors...

CleanSlate

I live in a subsidized community which mostly consists of single mothers. I live there because I am getting divorced and had no other place to go. I am thankful to have a home, but not so happy with the neighbors there.

Within two weeks of my move in, a neighbor came to me and asked me if I wanted to get high on some really good speed. He told me he didn’t like his girlfriend because she was fat and everything else. He told me that she doesn’t know he has a phone and he gave me his number(I didn’t write it down). During this talk, he told me that this girlfriend’s baby died from choking on a cough drop a few months back. He even sort of laughed about it. He also complained during that conversation that she left him at home with the baby while she went out. The baby was 18 months old.

Anyway, I thought this guy was a real creep. I even thought about him being the one who killed that baby. I tried to steer my mind of it all.

At this time, his girlfriend was 8months pregnant. He told me that it would be his first child. He said that he didn’t have kids before, so he didn’t think it was his. He said if it turned out not to be, he was gone. (he also said he only got to move in because he used his brother’s SS# because he had a felony)

Besides all this, he tried to have sex with me basically. He told me that he thought I was hot and he wanted to “hang out” and “come over” and before I knew it, he would be “slipping through the cracks.”

This all surprised me because he presents himself well(until he hits on women) and he dresses nice, clean cut, etc.

I’ve seen the girl outside as I must walk by her porch to get to my car. I have thought about stopping to talk to her, but it has never been a good time. I don’t know when he is home and she might tell him things, stick by his side, and resent me.

So, she had her baby and since the baby was born, I have heard him arguing with another female neighbor who lives alone accross from me on one occasion.

Two weeks ago, I heard a woman screaming and crying because her boyfriend didn’t come home all night. She screamed that she was sick of it all.

So, this morning, I heard it again. She was screaming “I hate him!” and I heard a large pounding sound. At first, I had no idea which neighbor this was coming from. I thought it might be my immediate neighbor.

As I was taking out my trash, I saw him standing outside. I thought I heard the girlfriend again. Well, I walked by and he smiled at me. So, I asked him “was that your girlfriend yelling?” He smiled with a proud and cocky attitude and said “Yeah, LOUD isn’t she?” I said “Oh, okay” and kept walking. They live two apts. down from me. (thin walls)

The girlfriend seems very nice. She doesn’t seem like the type to cheat around. I generally believe she is in an abusive situation and needs help. I have gone through the same kind of thing. I didn’t have the support I needed to leave the situation when I should have. I didn’t have stability and support to handle the shock and loss of it all. I wish I would have had someone to talk to.

If I could say anything to this girl, it would be about how I have been there and know exactly what it is like. I am the kind of person who wants to speak out about things if I feel people deserve to know the truth because I don’t want to see these things happen anymore.

Should I EVER talk to this girl?

Sadly, no, because you need to get your own affairs in order. I understand you want to be the good samaritan but with all the implications of abuse and violence, I don't think sacrificing yourself is going to do any good.

Avoid that guy like the plague, and keep to yourself.

I agree. Keep to yourself. Those places are FILLED with drama. I lived in a low-income housing neighborhood with another family once and it can get pretty brutal. Parents smoking pot mid-day while their kids play just a few feet away...yeah. Just focus on getting out of there

I agree. Keep to yourself. Those places are FILLED with drama. I lived in a low-income housing neighborhood with another family once and it can get pretty brutal. Parents smoking pot mid-day while their kids play just a few feet away...yeah. Just focus on getting out of there

Yes, that's right. I have stepped onto my porch and smelled weed on several occasions. I see people coming and going there, police too. My car has been one of many to be vandalized as well.(the first day I owned it!)

I lived in one that was very nice before as far as location and interior, but I must say, my neighbor there was really messed up and wouldn't leave me alone.

Keeping to myself about this situation should be no problem. I do hope she finds her way out of it. I'm afraid she feels she will never find a better man.

Archived