Not sure if i was abused.

Eveylyn

Ok, I'm 27 and lately have been having some bad dreams. They vary, but the underlying point is always the same. Me as a child being coaxed into sex by a "father figure". I don't remember anything of my childhood until after twelve. I do know from stories, that I was sexually active, and interested in boys way before i should have been. I played "ill show you mine, if you show me yours" pre-k. I also got into my parents stash of condoms once, I've been told.(how i knew what and where they were are beyond me) These stories are often told with humor, but i wonder if there might have been something behind everything. I can tell you i had a distant mother, and an alcoholic stepfather. But since i dont remember anything, its hard. Maybe its nothing, but the dreams are disturbing.

I don't know - don't leap to conclusions, but maybe find a GOOD counsellor and talk it through. You do have classic signs of an abused child, as I understand them - but equally try not to self-diagnose or put memories in your head. I would find a very very reputable counsellor/psychotherapist and take it very slowly.

most children play the "show me yours" game when they're very young, even as earl as 5 or 6. that's completely normal.

one of the primary reasons circumcision originally ws practiced was so that infants wouldn't touch themselves if you cut off most of the sensitive skin of the penis.

children are not completely oblivious to sexuality. doesn't mean they were abused.

as for the dreams, if you've been worrying about this a lot lately, it's possible you've just obsessed yourself with the idea. when you think about things a lot, they enter your dreams. no bigy.

/two cents

The mind plays trick on us so I wouldn't rely on any dream telling me something that really happened. los of people have had dreams lie yours and it never happened so don't distress yourself. I suspect that if they were suppressed memories they would repeat in detail.

I'm inclinded to think that dreams let us know how we are doing inside and certain people and places in our dreams represent parts of us and our feelings e.g a mother is the mother side of you taking care of you, and that places e.g. a bathroom or toilet is when you feel like you're in a cr***y place emotionally etc.

link removed is a good site, interpret them before you freak out.

The mind plays trick on us so I wouldn't rely on any dream telling me something that really happened.

Dream about your ex
Dream about your ex

Archived