What happened? Clueless

Busto
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror St...
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror Stories Reaction - Dating Stories Series - Darkpedia

I met this girl at a Christmas party last Saturday. We kinda hit it off, she asked for my number, etcetera. I sent her a text on Sunday, asking how she was, and she replied. It was casual, funny, and a little flirty.

I decided to let her take the next initiative, so I never replied to that text.

On Wednesday, she finally texts me, asking me how I've been and so on. I call her, we talk for a couple of hours. It all goes smoothly, we laugh a lot, not awkward for a second. I invite her to a moving in party on Friday (today), and she's delighted, tells me she's really looking forward to it.

Last night, we text back and forth a couple of times. Then I write something like, "Hey, want to grab a quick bite at my place before we hit that party? I need to eat anyway, so what do you say I cook us both something to eat?"

After that, nothing. This was last night, and I still haven't heard from her. Did I scare her off or what? I really meant a casual meal, I do need to eat, and I enjoy her company. I never had a candle-lit dinner in mind or anything.

Any ideas? It's really confusing.

I would call her back and explain what you meant to her...I do not think a text is a good way to do it. SHe might be confussed and think that you have the wrong intention and what not....( it happens) if she does not pick up leave a message....then text your sorry if you ofended her in some way or was miss leading..

GOOD LUCK

ditch the meal plan, just text her tonight before the party and tell her what your plans are, when you're going, and if she is still interested.

if she comes to the party and you guys hit it off again, the next time you meet up can be a nice dinner you cook for her

gidget, I like your plan. I'm going to go with it. Thanks!

I don't want to call and apologize like faolanblood suggested, because I have nothing to apologize for.

If she doesn't show tonight, fine. There are other girls out there. I hardly know this one.

Yeah, maybe. But the thing is, we agreed on Wednesday that we would have a drink at my place before we went to the party. Is it really that big a difference between a drink and a meal?

i think so. a drink is simple. cooking a meal is going out of your way and something more like couples or really close friends do. you just met her. a drink is social, a meal is much more personable.

Update: An hour after my casual "drop by if you get a chance" text, she texted me saying she had turned her phone off last night so she could study. I don't know, sounds weird. Anyways, she's on her way over here now. I'm going to play it very, very cool. I don't want to blow this again.

Update: An hour after my casual "drop by if you get a chance" text, she texted me saying she had turned her phone off last night so she could study. I don't know, sounds weird. Anyways, she's on her way over here now. I'm going to play it very, very cool. I don't want to blow this again.

awesome. good luck man. be suave and act like you aren't into her, but flirt at the same time. no more of this cooking her dinner crap until she's your gf.

Last night was fun. Two of my buddies threw parties in the same area, so we went to both of them. My friends seemed to adore her too, both my female friends and my male friends.

Before we went home, she told me she had a lot of fun, that she thought my friends were really cool. She also suggested that we meet up on Sunday to cook some food together and "watch a really long movie like Lord of the Rings". I said, "Cool, sounds like a perfect Sunday to me." However, I can't tell if she's trying to friend zone me or not. I never went for a kiss or anything, because given the awkward start of the evening, I was afraid I was going to blow it.

How should I proceed on Sunday? Do I make my move then, or should I wait until the next date? Sunday will be our second date by the way. The way I see it, I'm torn between a) looking like an insecure wuss if I don't try to kiss her, and b) scaring her off if I go for it and she thinks it's too early.

Advice?

Flirt all night with confidence, keep that naughty glint in your eyes & back it up with your body language .I mean try touching her SUBTLY, flirt well, notice her reactions.If she touches and reciprocates or seems receptive,then just heighten/build up the (sexual)tension through the evening & finally kiss her when she is least expecting it.It will work...Good Luck!

Flirt all night with confidence, keep that naughty glint in your eyes & back it up with your body language .I mean try touching her SUBTLY, flirt well, notice her reactions.If she touches and reciprocates or seems receptive,then just heighten/build up the (sexual)tension through the evening & finally kiss her when she is least expecting it.It will work...Good Luck!

Thanks, Limbo! That's the kind of advice I was looking for. I'm going to try to make her feel relaxed and comfortable, flirt a little, and then build up the touching in small steps. But what if she doesn't reciprocate? Does that automatically mean she's not interested? I guess that's my biggest fear, because it would make me feel like a schmuck. (I know some girls like to play hard to get, which always makes me uncomfortable, because I hate rejection in all forms.)

Thanks, Limbo! That's the kind of advice I was looking for. I'm going to try to make her feel relaxed and comfortable, flirt a little, and then build up the touching in small steps. But what if she doesn't reciprocate? Does that automatically mean she's not interested? I guess that's my biggest fear, because it would make me feel like a schmuck. (I know some girls like to play hard to get, which always makes me uncomfortable, because I hate rejection in all forms.)

Well, you havent known her that long, so just take things slow. See if she follows your lead, and if not, step back and just take it slow. Doesnt mean she is rejecting you, it just means she doesnt want to go too fast.

Well, you havent known her that long, so just take things slow. See if she follows your lead, and if not, step back and just take it slow. Doesnt mean she is rejecting you, it just means she doesnt want to go too fast.

True, I need to chill. And I'm pretty good at chilling, so I should be alright. This girl is so cool, I really like hanging out with her, I guess that's why I'm so afraid I'll blow it. I have to play this hand well.

By the way, thanks for the female advice. "Inside information" is worth its weight in gold, you know.

Get some mistletoe and a roll of tape and carry it in your coat pocket to her house. Tape it up in a doorway in her house when she's not looking. Later say, "You're kind of forward aren't you?" and point to the mistletoe laughing. Before she can reply, go stand under the mistletoe and whistle a tune as if you are waiting. If she is worth your time, she will come over to you so you can kiss her.

If you are at your house, just hang up the mistletoe before she comes over NOT in your bedroom doorway though, kitchen is good or a hall.

This way you don't have to sit on the couch agonizing over the proper point in the movie to make your move.

BTW, the fact that she suggested a long movie means that she intends to make out with you, 100% guaranteed. Just get the first kiss out of the way as quickly as possible and you are set.

BTW, the fact that she suggested a long movie means that she intends to make out with you, 100% guaranteed. Just get the first kiss out of the way as quickly as possible and you are set.

I think so, but sunday is over and i am curious to know what happened..

Hope everything went well..!

Archived