I think we would be better off without rules

brendithebunny

Sometimes I think that life would be better off without rules. I mean wouldn't you get more freedom and people never have to get in your way?

I get so annoyed of why many people try getting on my way and applying their rules. This goes to some people in general and it happens anywhere. In a way it's like they are playing chess with you.

I started doing much better when I learned how to play the game and when to pick my battles. Take drug tests that employers now give as a condition of employment. Do I think it's intrusive, very much so. Do I make a fuss? No way, for what they pay me they can have as much of my urine as they want, I'll just make more.

Ah, ya' old hippie. lol

Yep Same ole game, different era

And the sign said 'Ya got to have a membership card to get inside

So I tucked my hair up under my hat, and I went in to ask him why

He said you look like a fine upstandin' young man, I think you'll do

Yep Same ole game, different era

And the sign said 'Ya got to have a membership card to get inside

So I tucked my hair up under my hat, and I went in to ask him why

He said you look like a fine upstandin' young man, I think you'll do

So I took off my hat and said "Imagine that, me workin for you"

I don't think there's anything that's stopping us from not following rules as long as you're self sufficient. The obstacle is on whether you're mentally ready to not conform. Pacing your own life without a blueprint is hectic and requires a deep set of internal compass.

Sometimes I think that life would be better off without rules. I mean wouldn't you get more freedom and people never have to get in your way?

I get so annoyed of why many people try getting on my way and applying their rules. This goes to some people in general and it happens anywhere. In a way it's like they are playing chess with you.

disassociate with people who seek to control you.

Everyone is different and has different values. seek out people who are similar in outlook to you.

No rules is anarchy. On the surface it looks like more freedom but all that means is there are no rules to protect your freedoms. IE anyone could do anything they wanted to you because there are no rules. That would reduce your freedom unless you were one of the strongest and fittest.

I prefer to live in a world that is not full of mayhem and confusion, thus I'd never vote for a world without rules.

I respect that we have them and follow them pretty much all the time unless it was very unreasonable. But if i break them i expect there might be a penalty, which i will take if the penalty is worth not following the rule.

Even a forum like this has to have rules...this is but one very rudimentary example. If there were no rules here the site go to trash...now if you were to apply that to life and no rules, i can only imagine how disgusting this world would become. No, it's not perfect now, far from it, but without rules it would be unbearable.

But then again you don't believe in feelings or tears either so it is a gimmie that we won't agree on most things.

Yes, I agree with the OP. People make up too many rules. And it can make one crazy.

ps speaking of the Five Man Electrical Band....do you all you old people remember that weird song they did called "Werewolf" from 1974? I had it on old cassette I made back in the 80s...my kids had me play it so much in the car (over and over) the tape broke.

Yes, I agree with the OP. People make up too many rules. And it can make one crazy.

ps speaking of the Five Man Electrical Band....do you all you old people remember that weird song they did called "Werewolf" from 1974? I had it on old cassette I made back in the 80s...my kids had me play it so much in the car (over and over) the tape broke.

Nope I don't but here's the lyrics anyway.

link removed

Remember Bloodrock "D.O.A."

Anyone,anyone?

I agree...that's why kids are full of creativity and less judgmental; until they get older and learn rules from adults...the 'insignificant' and sometimes stupid rules.

Like I said, you follow rules because you need to depend on them. Once you got to a point where you don't need to, you're free to do anything you want.

Signs they're everywhere and yes that must be annoying too. There they go with more signs, making life even more complicated.

i like complexity. i think life is boring if it's too simple.

IMO, there should only be one rule in life - do anything as long as it doesn't hurt another, physically or emotionally. everything is relative, so we all seek happiness in our own way.

Letting Go Quotes
Letting Go Quotes

Archived