Need an idea for a first date.

Josh07

^ Topic says it all. Gonna go out with a girl after exams are over and was wondering what some good date ideas would be.

I have been single for the past year and a half and I'm feeling somewhat out of it. This girl is definitely a looker, I'd rate her an 8/10.

I don't want to be the typical boring guy that takes her on the typical boring date. I just wanted to do something fun and get to know her.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Alright, lets say she's not into ice skating or snowboarding. What else?

I'm honestly feeling lame as hell for not having any ideas of my own. I just dont' want to fail miserably, lol. I know I won't, but you get my drift right?

Why not just dinner? Perfect place to talk and get to know each other. It could be out or even cooked at home (though you may want to save that one for a later date). If you can manage to fill enough conversation during a dinner date, then date #2 could be something a little more interesting.

But conversation is key in getting to know someone.

much easier to talk and be closer while ice skating than snowboarding.

others:

-mini golf (some people call it putt putt)

-bowling

-arcade

-drinks

-club

-comedy show

-concert

My buddy went to a comedy show as a first date a few weeks ago. He said they showed up early and got a seat right next to the stage. They were chit chatting through the show and all of a sudden the guy starts to rip on my friend. He was calling him fat, balding, poor dresser, everything under the sun. hahaha felt bad for him but you have to laugh.

Yeah, I want to avoid the movie date as much as possible.

Dinner ... definitely though. But I gotta find something else. I don't even know if there are any ice skating areas around here. I live in NC...so, I dunno.

Why do you need something else? One of the best dates I had was dinner. After dinner, we just walked around, talking for a couple of hours, no real plans. It was very nice.

no. one of the most terrible early dates ever.

seriously so lame. unless you have dinner before hand though. even so i have never done the dinner and movie. its such a waste of time you dont get to know the person. im personally a big fan of just going for a casual walk around downtown area, talking, maybe getting something to eat. its cheap, fun, and you get to know eachother.

^ Topic says it all. Gonna go out with a girl after exams are over and was wondering what some good date ideas would be.

I have been single for the past year and a half and I'm feeling somewhat out of it. This girl is definitely a looker, I'd rate her an 8/10.

I don't want to be the typical boring guy that takes her on the typical boring date. I just wanted to do something fun and get to know her.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The only thing that is supposed to be FUN on the first date is conversation. So go to a cafe/bookstore/desert place to see if yall will enjoy spending time with each other then you can focus on doing something fun.

I always meet for coffee first in the early evening. Then, if things go well, I'll invite them out to a dinner and drinks. Starting out with coffee is cheap and allows for a casual atmosphere for good conversation.

Don't make a habit of doing that, if you plan to meet at a coffee house make sure it' just that. Some girls will pretend to want to spend more time with you just to get a free meal. So don't extend the evening especially when you are expected to pay for the dinner.

Don't make a habit of doing that, if you plan to meet at a coffee house make sure it' just that. Some girls will pretend to want to spend more time with you just to get a free meal. So don't extend the evening especially when you are expected to pay for the dinner.

I've actually already made it a habit and its proven to be quite successful for me. I'm from the old-school style of thought, though, and prefer to pay for the woman on the first few dates (at least).

I've actually already made it a habit and its proven to be quite successful for me. I'm from the old-school style of thought, though, and prefer to pay for the woman on the first few dates (at least).

Yeah but you don't want to spend too much on date #1 because she may not answer your phone calls. So I usualy start paying on date #2

Archived