Need to vent

winter whiteout

I got home from work an hour ago and I am at the end of my rope. I am trying so hard not to think about my crush at work or men in general. I am so pent up and horny all the time and the feeling is always there and I don't even think about it.

I started training a new woman who started today and I was printing out a report and she was telling me about how she has a child and ended up breaking up with the child's father but is now in a such a great relationship and is taking things slow. When she was talking all about this my crush walked by and looked at me. He went to the department next to mine and I can't see because there is a partition separting our departments and I heard him go up to one of the woman and ask her how her date went the other night and I guess it ended up being great. He told her good luck and then walked by my department looked at me again and mouthed hi to me. I wanted to scream right then and there. I am trying to forget him and all men in general and here my new co-worker is talking about her new great relationship and my crush walks by and looks at me and asks the woman in the department next to mine how her date went (he knows her, she in connected to his department) and it went great. Then he walks by and looks at me and mouths hi. I can be tortured like this anymore. I either want someone in my life or not have any feelings of lonliness or extreme sexual desire (I was shaking after my crush walked by like I always do when I see him) I know there are some people on here that have been alone a lot longer than I have (I have been alone since my ex left 3 years ago and have not dated one man and no sex for almost 4 years) and I wish I could be more mature like you are (COD comes to mind) but I try so hard to not care about being alone but my raging hormones and lonely heart and being so attracted to my crush makes it so hard. I need to not be human for a while.

Any suggestions?

Wish I had one for you. I am in the same boat. But unlike you I have to sit right next to someone I would like to hook up with and have to talk to her all day. Then when I do get home I can't even have fun online to help ease the tension. So If you find a good one from this post I'll try it too. Don't you just feel like god is playing with us sometimes? lol

Maybe I'm missing something, but why do you have to be alone? Are you afraid of opening up to another relationship after your last one?

It seems it is my destiny to be alone. It is too long to get into for those of you who don't know my entire situation but I am so done. I don't want to have any feelings anymore to wanting to be with someone and especially when I see my crush. Don't come by department and look at me because I will think you are interested and then go up to your office to try to talk to you only to be blown off. Leave me alone crush at work. Leave me alone lonely heart and raging hormones. LEAVE ME ALONE.

I don't know your whole story, but just from this post I can see that you also have lost the ability to trust someone else with your heart... in that I can at least sympathize, and I'm sorry that you're in so much pain.

Actually I can't find anyone to have a relationship with and my work crush is so strong and it is torture when he walks by and my heart starts racing and I get all hot and bothered. I want to meet someone but I am now 45 years old and it is so much harder when you are older. Especially that I am semi handicapped and can't go out much epecially that winter is here early. Please someone rip out my heart and hormones so I can not be in this hell anymore.

You are 100% correct. So the question is how do I turn off the feelings of not wanting to be with someone, not being sexually frustrated and not being attracted to my crush?

well, i have told you several times on several threads to just ignore the guy. you are too overwhelmed by him. you have oneitis for him. so many other guys. once you realize there are like 4billion+ people on the planet you will get over this. it will also help with the feelings of having to be with someone. you also have to note that life is about YOU. when you start living in that happy life for yourself, nothing can bug you. being with someone to be happy? absolutely not. i've been single for over a year. before that almost a year. before that girl, shoot, years and years. i still met people, but i was never flustered to have to be with someone. i just did my own thing. i'm content with being single the rest of my life if it happens.

well, i have told you several times on several threads to just ignore the guy. you are too overwhelmed by him. you have oneitis for him. so many other guys. once you realize there are like 4billion+ people on the planet you will get over this. it will also help with the feelings of having to be with someone. you also have to note that life is about YOU. when you start living in that happy life for yourself, nothing can bug you. being with someone to be happy? absolutely not. i've been single for over a year. before that almost a year. before that girl, shoot, years and years. i still met people, but i was never flustered to have to be with someone. i just did my own thing. i'm content with being single the rest of my life if it happens.

Well I do 100% ignore him but he walks by my department and turns his head and looks at me and I can't help how I feel.

My ex husband 3 years ago just up and left me one night when I was out with a friend. He kissed my bye that morning and I came home to an empty house with a note that he wants a divorce. He left me for a co worker and got engaged to her a week after he left me. We were married 5 years, together 8 years. I took a lot of time to heal from this and I have not dated one man since he left. He is now happily married and living in a different state. He admitted in the end to me that he was a coward. I have never gone from relationship to relationship like most people if they have the chance do. After being married it is like going backwards to date again but I can't find anyone to even date. I have a job, family, friends and interests but I almost feel like it is a crime to want to be with someone. You say you are content with being single the rest of your life. Hats off to you! I don't think most people can honestly say that and if they do it is a cover up to how they really feel. I guess I am immature to want to be with a man after being alone for 3 years after my husband left. I guess I can't help but feel sad when I hear all around me at work about all the things the woman are doing with their husbands/boyfriends and then I have to go home to any empty townhouse every night while there are couples living all around me. For a while I was ok with being alone but it has been lately where the lonliness has set in. Am I so wrong for feeling this way? Do I need to "grow up"?

half of the couples around you aren't happy. i guarantee it. the stories you hear and 'oh we did this' and 'omg we are so in love' is false for a lot of those couples. it IS a coverup to mask their problems. a lot of people are single too. there is nothing wrong with that, no matter what age. you were married before. it didn't work out. no harm no foul. better you aren't with someone that doesn't want to be with you than be with someone messin behind your back making you look like a fool.

i look at everyone at work. do some girls have a crush on me? i don't know. will it stop me from looking at them? no. does it mean i want to be with them? no. i look at everybody.

Archived