My son had his adenoids removed today

It has been a very long day for me. Got up 5 AM to get ready to go to the hospital. Was at the hospital from 7 am-2:00 pm. My son who is 3, had been snoring, has speech delays, major drooling, and tons of fluid in his ear. After waiting it out for 6 months, and 2 sets of antibiotics he had to get the surgery. He had his adenoids removed, tubes put in his ear, and a small piece in his nose (forgot name) reduced. I know its going to be for the better. They gave him a sedative before the surgery and he was laughing non-stop it was like he was drunk or something it was kind of funny. The recovery is what is a nightmare. He would sleep, then wake and cry, then go back to sleep. That went on for 3 hours and he was laying against me and i ended up falling asleep too. It has to be done though, the ENT told us that the fluid in his ear was sooooo bad and it was like as thick as jello. My mom found this peculiar because he has no allergies. I put him through 2 series of allergy tests almost a year ago.

Aww...I'm sorry that he is having trouble with the recovery, but it sounds like it was the right thing to get those problems fixed. Once he recovers, the difference will be night and day (just what I gather from hearing from other parents whose children have undergone the same surgery).

Archived