iusman

So, ever since me and my ex broke up 4 months ago, and i tired to get her back but she refused, I have her on my mind 95% of the day!. I am doing NC now for the past 2 weeks and so far so good, i have a gut feeling we will eventually get back together tho after the 30 day NC, she would keep calling me until i finally had the willpower to cut her off completely and not pick up her call. Seems NC is working because she is sending disparate texts to please pick up ect, I'm just totally ignoring her and avoiding her until the Christmas!

My question is i have her on my mind 95% of the time, everything i do she is always in my mind 95% of the time the whole day she even haunts me in my dreams!

I would like to know how long do these obsessive thoughts last, and if we do get back together will these thoughts vanish and will i get back to normal like before we broke up? Do I have these obsessive thoughts only because at the moment "i know i can have her" and will they vanish if we do get back or with how much time?

BTW this is my first love and we been tougher for 6 years and 3 months

iusman - It sounds like you're suffering from the "you want what you can't have" syndrome. You know you can't have her at the moment so it's all you want. I think naturally as human beings, we want what we can't have. I'm going through it at the moment too (just broke up with my first love of 7 years), and I think the obsessive feelings will go away for you one way or another as time goes on - just give it some time, and try to focus on other things like hanging out with friends, family, exercise, etc. If things don't get better, maybe look into talking to a counselor and keep posting on here. It helps.

2 months + and she's all I think about, 24/7 no matter what I do. You're not alone man, and it's killing me too. I have the regret of causing her many tears too, many tears and causing the divorce. If only we could go back in time....

At least yours calls you. I've heard not one word and she's ignored a voicemail and a sincere, heartfelt apology mailed letter. I'd do anything just for a sign she even cares. 3 weeks NC...it'll be a long trek

hang in there. I hear it gets better

Archived